one

(zara telling off her brother archie)

zara shahid

'sorry that i cant believe that any body ever really starts to fall in love with me'

"Zara, you gotta wake up." The voice of Tanya, my cousin, rang through my ears at 11 o'clock in the morning.

"Urgh, what do you want Tanya?" I asked her, not really wanting to leave my warm bed. England was cold in the summer and winter but my bed provided some sort of comfort.

"Zara, get your arse out of bed. Your flight's in a couple of hours mate." Her Britishness could piss me off sometimes so I took one of my pillows and hit her with it. "Yeah, yeah. Zara, let's go." She dragged me out of the bed and the cold air hit me.

"Machot (motherfucker) Why is this place so hot?" I asked, "And why are there so many mosquitoes?"

"Maybe wearing a sleeveless shirt and booty shorts wasn't the best idea." She pointed out and sat me down on the breakfast counter. She put a bowl, a spoon, milk and a cartoon of cereal in front of me. "Have some food, little child."

I smiled at her and had my breakfast quickly so that I could get changed for my flight even faster. I ended up in light denim shorts, with fish net tights under them,  a cropped maroon t-shirt, and white converse. I grabbed my little black backpack and a banana as I rushed downstairs where Tanya was waiting for me in her car. I had said goodbye to everyone in the house, I also forced them to stay at home instead of seeing my off at the airport.

"Took you long enough." She rolled down her window, the day getting hotter and hotter as the sun came up. "That's a cute outfit, will your dad kill you?"

"No." I laughed at her question, "At least I hope not."

We drove to the airport and our goodbye was, to say the least, tearful. I entered the plane and took half a sleeping pill for the 16-hour flight back to America.

When I landed in the airport I saw my dad waiting for me, pacing the floor while my brother was on his phone.

"I thought you'd be happier to see me." I sneaked up on the two of them and my dad pulled me into a massive hug. "Archie!" I smiled and hugged him tight as my dad took my suitcase. We walked to the car and dad drove us back to Riverdale.

"So Rara," I cringed at my nickname, "How was Pakistan?"

"Well, it was awesome but you know what would be better? If you didn't call me Rara." I pointed out, sitting in the back of the truck. Archie scoffed at me and tried to ruffle my hair. I grabbed his hand before he could reach my head.