seven

(zara when she's given her serpent jacket)

zara shahid

'tell me what your thinking, always overthinking'

I was reading a book in my attic room when I threw it on the floor. I know it's blasphemous but I hate Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. I have tried to finish it like 20 times, this being another attempt. And like all the other times - it failed. I roomed around my room, bored to death. It was probably a nice night out but I didn't want to leave my room. I didn't feel like I could face the outside world after what Joaquin said to me. My phone started to buzz and I picked up the call from my best friend, Reggie.

"Zara, are you free?" I heard a door bang shut behind him,

"As a bird Reg. Are they fighting?"

"Yeah."

"I'll be there in 10." I got my leather jacket and put on my shoes before rushing to the car, not even saying hello to my brother as he walked into the house, with dinner. Or to Jughead, who was sitting on the steps. I eventually arrived at Reggie's mansion of a house and walked over to the pool house. Reggie had a pizza box in front of him and a game controller in his hands.

"Watch out!" I yelled as Reggie shot the guy behind him and then paused the game. I jumped over the sofa and laid against him. "You smell nice."

"I know, I haven't had a drink." He was playing with my hair but the mention of alcohol sent him straight to the mini fridge. "Two beers max. I know you've been trying cut back."

"You know how crazy I was. Drinking was so much fun but I really don't want liver cancer." I placed my beer on the table and ate a slice of pizza. Some sort of random movie was on while

"You smell like pizza." He whispered and I giggled, "Speaking of food, when are you making haleem next?" He asked and that's when my eyes basically popped out of my eye sockets.

"Tomorrow. But you can't come to my house! We're having the Lodge's over." I had talked to my dad when I got home about it and he was okay. Veronica was ecstatic to try food with flavour in.

"What do you think of Veronica?" I was back in his lap, as some movie was on TV that we weren't paying attention to. His fingers were drawing patterns all over my arm and all I could think about were my tattoo's.

"She's nice. I don't know her like Betty does but anyone who can get her to be confident is in my good books." I grinned remembering their kiss, "Have you made a move on her?"