𝐱𝐢𝐢. QUIDDITCH & CONFESSIONS

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

  WITH THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS still being a hot topic around the school, everyone seemed to have their detective hats on trying to deduce who the "heir of Slytherin" was. Nyx had no clue who it could be, mostly because she didn't know everyone at Hogwarts and the heir could literally be anyone. Harry, Ron, and a reluctant Hermione seemed to have their own idea of the culprit and because of that they'd, mostly Hermione, had come up with a plan. But first, Nyx had put her connections to the test. 

"I need a book," she told Severus after yet another one of Lockhart's ... interesting classes on Defence Against the Dark Arts; they had learned nothing other than "fun facts" about the man and then were quizzed on how much they knew about him. 

Severus and Nyx were walking down the first-floor corridor together, much to his dismay. Nyx had sort of just sprung up on him, appearing out of nowhere. 

"Why are you telling me this?" Severus sighed. 

Nyx grinned while pressing her hands together. She'd promised the others that she'd get this book for them. Their entire plan was hinged on it; no pressure or anything. 

"Because it's in the restricted section of the library; it's a Potions book." 

Now Severus was looking down at his goddaughter suspiciously. He came to an abrupt halt causing Nyx to stop as well. She looked up at him with large, exaggerated innocent eyes. 

"What do you need a restricted Potions book for?" 

"To challenge me," Nyx gave a little shrug of her shoulders. "It's not that you're classes aren't challenging. I just want to under and attempt the fullest scope of Potions. I mean, I'm sure you've felt that way before too, haven't you?" 

Severus continued to look her over while Nyx tried to remain relaxed and calm. 

"What book is it?"

"Moste Potente Potions," 

⍣ ೋ

Nyx wandered into Moaning Myrtle's bathroom with the book in hand. She made sure no one had followed her or seen her before shutting the door behind her which altered them to her presence. She bid the gloomy ghost hello, but was ignored as Myrtle continued to sob. Nyx sighed and joined the others. 

"You've got it?" asked Hermione. 

Nyx held up the potions book, and they all gasped. 

"How did you get Snape to get it for you?" 

"I just asked." Nyx beamed. 

Moaning Myrtle was crying noisily in her stall, but they were ignoring her, and she did the same to them. 

Hermione opened Moste Potente Potions carefully, and the four of them bent over the damp spotted pages. It was clear from a glance why it belonged in the Restricted Section. Some of the potions had effects almost too gruesome to think about, and there were some very unpleasant illustrations which included a man who seemed to have been turned inside out and a witch sprouting several extra pairs of arms out of her head.