𝐱𝐯. POLYJUICE POTION

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

  NYX WAS GIVEN THE IMPRESSION that Dumbledore suspected something. It had to do with the way he spoke to both herself and Harry, she had a gut feeling about it. When the two young Gryffindors left the headmaster's office, Nyx (who'd managed to regain her composure) got Harry to promise he wouldn't tell Hermione and Ron that she'd broken down like that over Justin and Sir Nicolas.

"Why?" Harry asked her.

Nyx looked at him, her eyes still bloodshot. "It's just not something I want talked about."

The double attack on Justin and Nearly Headless Nick turned what had previously been nervousness into a real panic. Curiously, it was Sir Nicolas's fate that seemed to worry most people. What could possibly do that to a ghost? People asked each other; what terrible power could harm someone who was already dead? There was almost a stampede to book seats on the Hogwarts Express so that students could go home for Christmas.

"At this rate, we'll be the only ones left," Ron told Harry, Hermione and Nyx. "Us, Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle. What a jolly holiday it's going to be."

Crabbe and Goyle, who always did whatever Draco did, had signed up to stay over the holidays, too. Nyx was of the opinion that leaving was the right idea... at least then people wouldn't be in danger of getting petrified. People have a tendency to want to be around loved ones, and family members to soothe their fears. At least those students would have a few days to forget about everything at the castle, a few days of bliss.

Nyx didn't have the option. She couldn't go back to the manor on her own and she didn't want to, especially since she'd been ignoring every letter Lucius had sent her since the beginning of school.

At least there were some who managed to find joy in the castle's current state. Fred and George found Harry's current situation hilarious. They had gone out of their way to march ahead of the boy down the corridors, shouting, "Make way for the Heir of Slytherin, seriously evil wizard coming through..."

Percy Weasley was deeply disapproving of this behaviour.

"It is not a laughing matter," he said coldly.

"Oh, get out of the way, Percy," said Fred. "Harry's in a hurry."

"Yeah, he's off to the Chamber of Secrets for a cup of tea with his fanged servant," said George, chortling.

Ginny Weasley didn't find it amusing either.

"Oh, don't," she wailed every time Fred asked Harry loudly who he was planning to attack next, or when George pretended to ward Harry off with a large clove of garlic when they met.

Nyx snickered at the twins' actions, she admired them for finding humour at a time when the school seemed too dreary and dim. Of course, they thought Harry being the heir was absurd. Through their shenanigans, however, Nyx regarded how furious Draco seemed on the subject. The Weasley twins' actions were aggravating Draco, who looked sour each time he saw them at it.