2. The Swing of Things

It had been a week of non-stop work. June had been insanely hot causing Flint to be leanient on what the waitresses wore. Usually he was strict on having the girls wear jeans and a crew neck t-shirt that was given to them with The Port printed on the front. It was only because he hated having drunk old men try to feel up his employees. He was responsible for their well-being while they worked for him and he took that seriously. Any man that slapped a waitress's ass was imediately tossed out. If a man made a pass, he was warned by the large scottsman. However it was rare that he had to do so.

Clara wore a black skater skirt with her Port t-shirt tucked in. She wore a pair of black knee high heeled boots and a pair of stocking underneath. She thought it was cute, never did it cross her mind that it was sexy or revealing. She tied her hair in a pony tail as usual and made sure to get all the stranda of hair due to the Captain's rules.
Thats what the other girls called him. Clara had no idea how involved he was, if she did she probably would have never applied. The man was over intimidating, always watching Clara and looking over her shoulder, checking up on her.

Clara walked into the pub, her eyes darted for the storage room where she passed by the shelving units of alcohol.

"Wait...what section are you working tonight?" A voice arose as Clara entered the employee section of the room.

The black haired 23 year old beauty was standing by one of the lockers with a leg propped on a chair. Her short dress moved up her thigh as she adjusted her heeled boots.

"Um...2, I think," Clara says nervously.

The black haired waitress also intimidated Clara but oddly because she knew that she didn't like her.
Vanessa. That was her name, written with trouble all over it.

"I didn't know we could wear dresses," Clara says curiously.

"Well...I can," Vanessa says with a wink.

Clara had heard the rumors, Vanessa was the captain's favorite and Vanessa made it clear he was hers. Clara however speculated this as the captain didn't seem to acknowledge her presence most of the time.
Love sick? Maybe Vanessa was just delusional.

Clara gave a slight gigle at Vanessa's remark. Opening her locker, Clara hung up her bag on the hook and grabbed her apron.
Clara quickly tied the apron around her as the office door swung open.
The tall scottsman entered the storage room. His hands clenched in fists at his side. However his fists weren't clenched for long as Clara came into his view.

"Clara," Flint said slightly shocked.
Her head moved to look at her boss.

"Yes?" She said worriedly.

Flinnt hated what she was wearing. It was too short, too revealing, but he swallowed his words.

"You're not on the schedule for today," He says.

"No...Jenny called out sick and Najeem called me in," Clara explains.

"To close?" He asks shocked and worried.

"Yes..."

"You aren't supposed to close though," Flint says through his teeth. Angry with Najeem, not Clara, never at Clara.

"Why?" She asks innocently.

"I could close for her," Vanessa says.

"I'd actually like to close, it would be good to try something new," Clara says.

God damnit Najeem! Flint grinds his molars and moved hurriedly out the storage room doors.
Najeem was working the bar like always. Flint moves to his left straight behind the bar.