Chapter 35- Disappearece

Cody

I could not stop laughing as Pikalus raged, throwing the controller onto the couch. "THAT'S NOT FAIR!"

I lightly shook my head. "Hey, I won fair and square. No cheats or tricks. Well except for juking you out at the end. Just give it up, you aren't good at Captain Falcon."

Professor crossed his arms, eyes narrowing down. "I'm never playing Super Smash Bro's Brawl with you ever again..."

I opened my mouth to remind him that once again, he said the same thing last week when both of our phones buzzed at the same time. Both of us paused before taking it out. I carefully read through it and looked up, to find Professor had locked eyes with me.

"You got it too?" He nodded. "Great, let's go investigate."

Down by the poor district, the situation was at the very end of the section in a large wooden home. The place was already surrounded by soldiers and we found Spartacus there, which surprised me. Normally it was PebbleTeen dealing with these sorts of things. Speeding up my pace, I stopped in front of him.

"Hey! What's going on? You didn't really say anything other than it was an emergence. Do we have a murder or something? Please tell me it's some sort of party, anything nice for once!"

The centaur sighed, his hoofs scratched at the ground. "I'd love to give good news, believe me Cody, but unfortunately, that is not the case here. We aren't sure what happened but... One of the Atlanteans has vanished from their home. So far, we know they were in their bed at 10 PM last night but vanished by 8 AM this morning. They were female, age 17. The window was open so we are assuming that's the way they got out, but why seemed to be the question. According to her family, her name was Conway. They're inside."

I nodded along, taking in everything. "Mmmhmmmm... Alright. Is it just me and Professor or is Tanith, PebbleTeen, or anyone else going to join us?"

Spartacus paused for a moment but just shrugged. "PebbleTeen has the day off and I did contact Tanith but she hasn't responded. Most likely, it's just us today. Go see for yourself."

The house was mainly just full of small bedrooms with only a kitchen, bathroom and living room being the exception. Apparently they had almost 13 kids. I had no idea how their parents stayed sane but they were actually pretty calm, outside of their daughter disappearing. They didn't have much to tell me that seemed useful so I bid farewell and decided to check what Conway's files had to say. However, I wouldn't get far before another disappearance popped up. And another. And another.

Back at the palace, I gathered as many people I could get and laid out the files on each missing person. Once we were gathered, I told them what was what.

"Alright," I scanned the small crowd. With me, I had managed to get Sam, Selena, Creepig and Nyanta's help to figure it all out. "We have four Atlanteans who all disappeared today. In order, their names are: Conway, Owen, Delaney and Yin. Here are their files."

Sam picked one up at random and Selena peeked over her shoulder to read it. Creepig and Nyanta both took one for themselves and me and Professor decided on the remaining.

However, there was a problem. Conway was a local student, young, female and a fish-person. Owen was an adult, male, Mechanic and a griffin. As for Delaney and Yin, they were married, one a Seaweedain and the other, a humanoid fish, an older couple, late 50's. There wasn't a connection, not in race, age or gender. None of them even had similar jobs!