Chapter 82- Pulse Part Two

Third Person

For Tanith, it wasn't much of a question where she needed to go. The crystals were a possibility, sure, but if they broke, it wouldn't be the end of the world for her.

However, she was fond of several people in her neighborhood, and she was not going to waste time on making sure all of them were safe. So as soon as she arrived, she got Larry out of the house and quickly rushed to the house next to hers and knocked frantically on the door.

Opening the door, Bartholomew squinted at her. "T, do you realize what time it is?" He yawned.

But Tanith quickly pulled him out of the house, alarming him and causing him to lose his footing. "I know, it's earlier than you like but shut up for one second and listen to me! There's going to be a three balls of energy around here and they're basically bombs! Get everyone out, we've already wasted enough time!"

Bartholomew's eyes were wide but he quickly nodded before rushing to the next house. Tanith alerted a couple of her nearby neighbors to do the same before she began to search for the pulses.

One was right in the middle of her and Bartholomew's homes. She hesitated, but ended up putting it into a bubble and throwing it higher before searching for the rest. Half way through checking some of the other neighbors houses, Bartholomew re-approached her. "What happened?"

"Ace." She answered quickly, narrowing her eyes. "I don't know why but there's always a reason with him. Never just plain destruction because it's fun."

Her neighbor studied her face. "But you wish it were?" He guessed.

Tanith nodded her head slightly. "It's easier to call them plain evil that way, but Cody is making it hard to. Keeps insisting there's more to him than meets the eye, and while he's not wrong, I wish he were."

He nodded in response. "I see... Do you like to see people as black and white then?"

"Well, not exactly. Obviously everyone is more shades of gray than anything, but when it comes to your enemies, you often want to see them as just one thing rather than a person with a variety of feelings and reasons." Tanith huffed, scanning all around her, her tail moving from side to side anxiously. "So as much as I dislike the guy, he's got more to him."

Bartholomew kept nodding before squinting. "Is that one?" He pointed to a shining, blue, ball that swirled with power just out of where she was checking.

Tanith grinned. "Yep!" She rushed towards it and quickly repeated the same action she did before, making sure it would be safe for the time being. Bartholomew was a bit slow to follow, weary of it. Tanith frowned. "You know, I bet the people could use more help than me."

He nodded, glancing back. "Right... I-..." He turned back, cutting himself off.

The hybrid's shoulder slumped, giving him a look. "I get it, you're not a fighter, you've said it several times. I have this, you can go."

He gave her one last look, slowly nodding along. "Of course. Good luck, T." He waved before rushing off to make sure everyone else was evacuating.

Though the first two were much easier, Tanith was struggling with the last, searching the neighborhood but wasn't finding much. As she searched the balconies, she noticed one house still had a dog inside. Blinking, she quickly rushed up to the door and let it out, but the dog had other ideas.

It tugged at her shirt to come inside, which she obeyed, and soon found herself being led into a bedroom, where an old woman slept soundly. Recognizing her, Tanith gently shook her awake. "Mrs. Rockefeller! You need to wake up."