Chapter 67- Doubt In Others

Third Person

Professor Pikalus' arm was pulled along, forcing him to walk with Cody even though his heart pounded and his senses told him to run for it.

He wasn't sure what stopped him: Cody's strong grip that would mean he'd have to fight to get out of it, which would be provoking Cody and that wasn't a good idea, or his own fear, paralyzing him. A mix of both was most likely.

So caught up in his own thoughts, Professor didn't see where they were going until they got there and Cody finally let go.

They were on the roof of the palace. If Cody wanted to go anywhere to be alone with him and still not stray too far, it would be here. For a brief moment, Professor Pikalus' heart spiked in the thought of Cody taking him up there so he could kill him, but he dismissed it seconds later. Cody might have been acting weird, but definitely not weird enough to kill him. Plus, there would still be a lot of evidence against Cody if he tried anything.

Cody's pace slowed as he approached the roof and only stopped at the edge of it. His body was motionless for longer than Pikalus expected, giving him time to compose himself of the sudden turn of events.

Finally catching his breath, he spoke out. "What are we doing here?"

Cody didn't answer his question, and instead asked one of his own. "Why are you opposing me?"

Professor was caught off guard by not only his words, but his serious tone. What was with him? One second a madman and now he's so clear it's like I can see right through him? Professor took a while to answer. "...What?"

Cody sighed deeply and turned around. He looked less crazy now, though his eyes still remained different colors. The multicolored eyes scanned him carefully before approaching steadily. "Professor, you trust me, right?"

'Do you trust me?' The most dangerous question in the world.

The scientist struggled to answer it. "Most of the time." He finally got out, not meeting his eyes.

Cody didn't respond right away. In the silence, the scientist could only hear the frantic beating of his own heart.

"Professor, I'm just trying to save Atlantis. KrakenKid is and will always be a huge threat, and unless we take him out before he kills us, we can't afford baby steps. We need this plan, and we need it now."

Professor hated so much about the situation. He hated how much sense Cody was making, and how reasonable he sounded. He hated how conflicted he was about choosing when he knew which one he should go with. Most of all, he hated how much Cody sounded like Poseidon, sparking Professor's inner loyalty to him.

It wasn't fair to compare the two of them, for multiple reasons. Poseidon was Professor's hero for as long as he could remember, and becoming his star pupil didn't help at all. Poseidon was like the father figure that he never had, and that was the worst of it. Not to mention Poseidon was practically, if not was, a god and Cody wasn't. Maybe half, Professor had never gone into it, but he was still not nearly as powerful. On top of it all, comparing two people was never a good thing to do. People are all too different, and comparing them wouldn't be fair.

Cody noticed Pikalus' hesitance and held back a low growl that wanted to leave his throat. He needed to finish this, get his vote once and for all.

Cody wasn't even sure what he was doing as the Nexus began to flood his systems, taking control, but Cody let it. He trusted the power, and that it would know what to do.

He strolled up and took his place behind Professor. His hand on his shoulder while the other extended out over his other shoulder and was held out flat. Power began to spin in his hand, then expanding and circling around them like a tornado. Professor might have panicked a little, but Cody didn't so much as flinch.