Chapter 1

A/N    Hi, so the song is not mine, nor do I claim it as mine. I also do not own Duararara! if I did, Shizaya would be more cannon. By the way, Izaya and Shizou are very out of character..I hope you all enjoy :) 

Izaya's  Point Of View.

I awoke to loud screaming down stairs. I rolled over in my small but soft bed to face the wall the bed was against. The yelling did not stop, so I put a pillow over my head and tried to block out the noise. My sisters, Kururi and Mairu are gone now. A few years ago, My grandparents took them to there home in Tokyo. They send me letters sometimes about how they are happy and living with my grandparents. Why they never took me with them, I still can't fathom. I flinch when I hear glass break and my father's booming voice. My mother, Kyouko's voice screams over his and I feel a tear fall. I hate how I am living, I hate how it's always my fault or I'm worthless. The urge to die slowly creeps back into my mind. I shake it off, I don't really want to die, just escape. In my world, death seems like the only way. The shouting stops and I release the pillow from my head. I roll back over and glance at the small alarm clock on my bedside table. 5:35am. I groan softly knowing I only had a few more minutes before I had to get up, take a shower then go to school at Raira Academy.  I really enjoy school actually. I can observe people and start gossip and see how they react. There is only a slight problem, and that problem is Shizou Heiwajima. You see, I think I am in love with him. Why, because the is different from other people I watch. I can mostly predict how someone is going to react to a situation, but with  Shizu~Chan ,as I now call him, I can't tell. He also can be very caring and sweet. And, lets not forget, he is very, very attractive. The strange thing for me is that I have never liked any one, but him. I try to fall back asleep, but fail. I sigh and decide just to shower and get dressed early. I turn on the lamp on my table and get out a long sleeved red shirt and black, ripped skinny jeans.  I open my door slightly, listening for any noise before stepping out into a dark hallway. I walked about ten steps and turned on the light of the bathroom. Just as I was going to turn on the faucet of the shower, I heard a voice.

"Izaya! What the fuck are you doing!" My father shouted at me. I sharply turned around, only to see him with a beer in this hand, drunk. I looked down at the floor.

"I was j-just going to t-take a shower." I muttered. My father advanced and I took a step back until my legs hit the bathtub. Dad grabbed my sleep shirt and brought it to his face. I turned my head, he wreaked of cheap beer and drugs. He sneered and sat his beer down on the counter and slapped me, hard. I gasped at the sudden impact. He released my shirt from this hand, only to punch my cheek. I closed my eyes and let my body fall limp. A few kicks and punches more and screams, he left. I clutched on the toilet to assist me to stand. I looked at myself in the mirror. My black hair had a few red blotches in it. My face already had bruised. I spat out blood into the sink and walked back to the shower and took my bath. When I was done, I wrapped a towel around my waist and looked into a drawer and pulled out a bottle of concealer. 'I used most of it, I would have to get more today after school.'  I thought. I put my clothes on and went down stairs to get a banana for breakfast. As soon as I was at the bottom of the stairs my mother came up to me.

"Izaya, go make food for us." She said in a very demanding voice. I shook my head yes and walked to the fridge and pulled out eggs and bacon. I turned the stove on, the heat feeling nice on my freezing hands. I cracked the eggs and put the strips of bacon on the old frying pan. As I cooked the savory smell of bacon washed over me. About five minutes later, the food was done. On three plates I served one scrambled egg and two pieces of bacon. I took two plates and handed it to my mother and father whom were sitting at the table. The father didn't really seem to notice the food, my mom on the other hand looked disgusted at what I had made. I walked away from the table to enjoy my breakfast at the island table. I sat down and took a deep breath. I felt my mom or dads eyes on me as I reached down to take a bit of bacon. I gulped and took a bite.

"Izaya, why are you eating that?" My mothers syrupy sweet voice called out to me. I looked over then back down to my plate.

"I made it for me. If you are still hungry I can make more before school." I replied quietly and quickly. From the corner of my eye I saw her shake her head.

"No, I am full. But do you think I would let something like a failure eat a full meal? Of cores not, you are too worthless to deserve to eat!" She said to me, her voice raising at the last sentence. I looked down at the fluffy yellow eggs and crisp bacon and pushed it away.

"Yes, you are right. I don't deserve to eat." I said weakly. I walked to the front door, keeping my head down. I reached out for my backpack next to my fathers side of the damaged table. As I went to, dads hand clutched my wrist. He jerked me to face him and snarled out to me.

"Be home by 4:00pm, fag." 

"Yes, f-father." I studded out. I ran out of the house to the road to start my walk to school. I hoped today would at least be a half way descent day at school.

Okay guys, the first chapter!! Izaya is my favorite so it hurts me to hurt him. Anyway, the next chapter will be in Shizou's Point of view. Please comment and vote, it means a lot to me! Love you all! ⤜(ȌᗜȌ)⤏