Chapter 5

OH MY GOSH!!! IM SOOO SORRY I HAVE NOT BEEN UPDATING!! I SWEAR I WILL!! I HOPE YOU ENJOY!!

Izaya's Point of View

It was warm and soft, like a bed. I knew my parents didn't tuck me back to bed or attend to my bloody hand. It was strange, I thought I heard someone speaking to me. My head felt like lead and my hand throbbed. I tried moving, but I felt as if I was glued to the bed. I soon gave up, hoping I could fall back asleep, but then I felt something chapped yet soft on my lips. I wanted to see who kissed me, but my eyes only opened fast enough to see a flash of blonde hair. I groaned and hit the button for the nurse. Out of no where a young girl walked into my room.

"Hello, Izaya. Would you like to sit up?" She asked looking me in the eyes. I nodded yes and she assessed me. My chest hurt and I looked down to see gauze wrapped around me.

"Um, who brought me here?" I asked curiously. The nurse looked up at me and said.

"Your boyfriend. He was a real looker, you are lucky." My eyes went wide and my mouth was hanging.

"I don't have a boyfriend. What makes you think the person was?" I asked sharply. She just shook her head.

"Well, for one he just looked at you like he knew you. He was also very protective of you when Doctor Aki took you back. He also sat next to you for a couple days. And just now, he kissed you on his way out."

"What?! What was this name!" I shouted, whining when my ribs started to sting from my yelling. The nurse looked confused and thoughtful for a moment.

"Shizuo Heiwajima, I think." She said matter of factly. My heart skipped a beat. 'He saved my life and kissed me' I thought to myself as the nurse put in a new IV and re-gauzed my hand. Unconsciously I blushed thinking about him. I smiled a real smile for the first time in about a year.

"Miss, may you please tell someone to tell Shizuo I woke up. I need to talk to him." I asked sweetly. She nodded yes and walked out of the room. I started laughing, it hurt but I was so happy I could barely fell it. Then fear stepped in my mind. 'What if he doesn't really like me the way I do? Or what if he just didn't want me to die there so he could be the one to kill me.' I started to feel afraid and regretted telling the nurse to call him. I took a deep breath and laid back down. Waiting for Shizu~chan and the medicine to come.

After about an hour there was a knock at my door. I woke up and saw Shizu~chan standing there. I gulped and weekly said come in. The door opened and he stepped through the threshold.

"Hey Flea, feeling better?" He asked awkwardly. He just stood there.

" Oh, um, yeah. You can sit down." I said looking at him. I blushed again and looked away. He walked over to the chair and sat down.

"Shizu~chan, I have some questions for you." I said looking back at him again. His chocolate brown eyes widened for a second.

"O-okay. Go ahead." He stuttered quietly. I wondered why he was acting so shy.

"Why did you save me?" I asked, expecting the rudest and cruelest answer.

"Well, ah. I guess I just don't want you to die. You looked like you were in a lot of pain." He answered while scratching the back of his neck avoiding his eyes from he. I smiled a little. 'Damn Shizuo making me smile!' I thought.

"Oh okay. Then, why did you kiss me?" I asked, my voice becoming softer at the word kiss. I looked up at him to see him blushing heavily.

"B-because I like you. I don't really know why, I just do. Everything about you is amazing." He spoke so quickly and softly I had to strain my ears to hear him.

"O-o-oh" I stuttered stupidly. I swallowed thickly and took a deep breath.

"I like you too, I have seen I first saw you." I said calmly, but on the inside my heart was pounding and the butterflies in my stomach where flying. His eyes looked up at me and smiled.

"You really like a monster like me?" He asked with disbelief in his voice.

"Yes, and your not a monster" I said simply. He grinned and I saw a tear falling down his cheek.

"Shizuo! Are you okay?" I said urgently trying to move to edge of the bed. Shizu~chan gave a chuckle.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just really happy."
I sighed in relief.

"So, did you like the kiss?" Shizu~chan asked me. I was a bit surprised at the blunt question.

"Yes, I did." I said, looking at the bed sheets. Out of the corner of my eye I saw him give a rather perverted grin.

"Would you let me kiss you again?" He asked smoothly. I blushed in embarrassment. I liked the kiss, but I was afraid he would just break my heart.

"Yeah, I would. But-" I wasn't even able to finish my sentence before the same lightly chapped lip crashed onto mine. I   really didn't know what to do, I just sat there. Shizu~chan pulled away from me and looked me in the eyes.

"S-shizu~chan, I like you and all, but I don't want you to hurt me." I said softly turning my head away. He grabbed my chin and made me look at him.

"Izaya, I would never hurt you. Physically or emotionally, I want to protect you. I love you."He said firmly, letting go of me. I felt my heart ache and,against my will, tears came out.

"T-that the first time someone other than my sisters said they love me." I said tearfully. Suddenly he wrapped his arms around me. I gasped at the sudden action, but then soon wrapped my own arms around his neck, wary of my injured hand.

"Izaya, would you be my boyfriend?" He asked against my neck. The same felling was I'm my heart. I smiled.

"Yes, I love you too." I said. He hugged he tighter but not enough to hurt my ribs.

"Hey, Shizuo. Will you kiss me again?" I asked shyly. I could hear the faint laugh as he brought his to my face. Suddenly, lips were interlocked. I felt his hand go in my hair. Then I felt something wet across my bottom lip and I opened my mouth slightly. I guess that was what I was supposed to do as his tongue entered my mouth. I moved my own tongue with his own and wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him closer. Soon, sadly, we had to break the kiss for air.
Breathlessly I asked, " Is it always like that?" My new boyfriend smiled and laughed. "If you want, it can be."

Then I remember something. "Shizuo, I have to go back home with my parents. No one can know about us." He looked at me.

"Izaya, run away. You could live with me." I shook my head no.

"My dad would find me, just pretend we hate each other." I said sadly.  He looked away from me.

"Fine, if it keeps you safe." He replied sourly.

"Thank you, Shizu~chan." I said sweetly and hugged him.

"Anything for you, babe." He said hugging me back.

"I love you."

"I love you too, Flea."