Moana

"Hey Maui!" She called.

I turned and smiled.

"Hey Mo!" I responded to Moana.

She ran up to me.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"Nothin really. I was just going to climb the mountain." I said.

"Oh! That sounds fun the view is amazing from up there!" She said bending to pick up Pua who had ran up to her excitedly.

"You want to come?" I asked.

" Sure. What do you think Pua? You gonna stay here or come?" Moana asked the pig.

He jumped down and walked towards the mountain.

"I gusse he's coming." She said following her pig.

"Classic." I muttered.

We reached the top of the mountain and Moana sighed. She looked relived. She sat at the edge of the mountain and stared out into the sunset. Down onto Montonui her home. Our home.

"OK. What's wrong?" I asked sitting next to her.

"My dad. He's pressing me to become the next chief. I feel like he cares more about the village then me... We found so many islands wayfinding over the past few years but... We haven't left Montonui since we got back. I feel strange. Like I need to wayfind. I haven't been to the ocean in forever. It's driving me crazy." She sighed slumping her shoulders.

"Moana...." I started.

I know what she means. She's been so busy training to become the next chief, making sure everyone knew how to wayfind, teaching the kids to dance, harvest and all of that good stuff. And her dad has gotten colder and more involved with the village. I've been busy to but not as busy as Moana. If she hasn't been to the Ocean in a few days something was wrong.

"MOANA! YOUR FATHER!"A villager yelled running up to us.

"What?" She asked jumping up.

"It's not good. He's down at the infermary-" the poor man could only say that and she raced down the mountain. I ran after her. When we reached the infermary she ran inside. I followed. She stood in the door way teary eyed. Her dad laid in the middle of a cot struggling to breath with his wife next to him crying.

I walked over to a doctor as Moana races to her father's side.

"What can be done?" I asked.

"...It's time..." A nurse said quietly.

I nodded slightly and whispered it into Moana's mother's ear who sobbed. I held Moana to my chest as the doctors put her father to sleep.

She sobbed in my arms with her mother.

Her father was gone... But what dose that mean for Moana?