That's what you are! (Moana's POV)

Kai was watching me like a hawk for the first hour of way finding. Everytime I climbed up the mast he would cringe.  It made me feel like I was a vase that he was ready to catch if it fell and the entire world would die if I fell. I was so lost in thought that I didn't realize that my foot was slipping.

"Moana get down!" Kai called.

"Kai I'm fine seriously it not like I'm gonna fa- AHHH!!!" I started to say before my foot slipped entirely out from under me.

"MOANA!" Kai called worriedly.

Right when I hit the water Ocean put me back on board.

"See I'm fine!" I said.

"Did.... Not see that coming." Kai said.

I turned, expecting to see Maui. But then I realized it was Kai who said that. I felt my heart drop. Why did I think Maui would follow us when I specifically told him to stay in Montonui? Well... Let's be fair... He's kinda a rebel. 

"Moana... Are you OK?" Kai asked.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine." I said running a hand through my hair.

"Your... Thinking about him... Maui...aren't you?" Kai asked in a low voice.

I turned to face him. He was looking down.

"I... I just thought he followed us for a minute..." I said shrugging my shoulders. 

I went back to work. I felt the current. It was warm. Thank the gods. But suddenly the ocean went calm. Like it was afraid to breath. No waves. No movement. No wind. A dangerous area filled the atmosphere.

"Um... Ocean? What's going on?!?" I asked.

No response. Kai suddenly liked up and went on high alert.

I looked out across the ocean. A huge wave of blackness shot threw the ocean floor. It toppled the boat over.

"Woah! AH!" I screamed.

"AH!" Kai screamed.

We both surfaced. It was heading east. So it came from the west. Wich means we have to go west. I went back under and turned the boat over. I came out gasping for air. Kai was already on and offered me a hand. 

"Thanks." I said accepting it. He pulled me up. The I realized he was blushing.

Before I could question the water started bubbling in the west. I looked at it.

"Um... Moana... What is that?" Kai asked. 

The water started to spin.

"WHIRLPOOL!" I screamed. 

We were suddenly being sucked towards the Whirlpool. We grabbed an ore and strated to paddle away from it. 

"Legend says that Whirlpools are extremely rare. They only occur when the ocean is angry."

The ocean is never angry at me...

I felt the water. It was as cold as ice.

"THE OCEAN IS DEAD!!!" I screamed.

I jumped into the water and surfaced. I pushed the boat away from the Whirlpool. Suddenly I felt as if the ocean had wrapped around my waist. I looked down. A black arm made of black mist. Suddenly I was jerked backwards.

"MOANA!" Kai screamed.

I was turned to face something with glowing red eyes. My thigh sudden started to throb. Like I was stabbed with a knife agian .

I looked at the being more closely. It was a human. But he was shrouded in the black mist. 

"Moana if Moutoniu. What an honor it is...To be the one to end you... Slowly.." the man said. 

Sudde he disappeared but I was still floating. Black mist suddenly spend towards my body. I could tell it was going inside. It felt like fire.

I screamed in pain. I heard a hawk before I passed out and fell into the mouth of the Whirlpool.

I heard two voices. Both male scream my name. And one of them, was Maui.