Ťhē Åñğëł Fřøm Mý Ñīğhťmåřĕ:

Hello there, The Angel from my nightmare."
- I Miss You by Blink-182

Nick's PoV

That was her. Oh my god. That's her. That was the girl I dreamed of last night. She's real. But...that's impossible. What does this mean? Am I going to die? Is she going to die? Am I going to get an innocent girl killed? What does this mean?!

"Calm down, Nicholas. I don't know what about, but you're over thinking again." I jumped when my mom spoke and shot eye daggers in her direction. She rolled her eyes at me and sighed, looking back out the windshield. After a few minutes of silence she tried to loosen the tension by asking me a question I hadn't been expecting. "So...did you think that girl was cute?"

"Mom..." I trailed off and tried to avoid answering her. I don't need this right now.

"Well, I think she's adorable. Maybe you could get to know her." I could hear the smile in her voice.

"Mom no."

"Ooo we could go dress shopping and plan a prom date for you two--"

"STOP. I don't even know that girl. I don't know her name, or anything about her. What makes you think I'm going to? What makes you think I'll even like her?"

I could feel my face burning as I turned to look out of the window. My mom, of course, was laughing. How? What the hell. I don't see how this is fun--holy shit.

There was a moving truck in front of a house that was...maybe...three houses away from mine. I looked at my mom with what I'm sure looked like either panic or disgust. She shot me a look and said, "I'm sure they're nice people, Nick. Maybe we can go over and welcome them to the neighborhood. Who knows? They might have some kids your age."

"So? What makes you think I'll like them? What makes you think they'll like me?"

"So maybe you'll get out of the house more. Nick you need to get over this...self hatred you have."

"Mom. No. I like my room. And I like being alone."

"Well you can't stay in their forever."

I rolled my eyes and leaned my head on the window. She pulled into our drive way and I sat up. I barely waited for the car to stop before I jumped out of the car and ran into the house. Before I could run up to my room and be free my mom called my name.

"What?"

"You're not going up to your room right now."

"Why?!"

"You're helping me make cookies for the new neighbours."

"Mom, no."

"Nicholas Blake Matthews would you rather be grounded?"

I stood there for a moment and thought. There's no way to win this. I slouched my shoulders and sighed.

"That's what I thought. Now, go next door and her Brad. I'm sure he'd love to help."

I whispered under my breath, "Of course he would, Mr. Fucking Perfect child. Always making friends with people...."

"What was that?"

"Nothing?" I felt guilty for talking shit about Brad. He's literally the only person that actually puts up with all of my bullshit. I walked out of the house and made my way next door to get him.