XVIII. The Decision

"I'd have to leave my brothers" Alex whispered hopelessly as we sat on the edge of the bed the morning after our reunion.

"Maybe not forever," I sighed unhappily, I was just as unhappy with this scenario, I didn't want to lose my second family, "If things died down we might be able to come back in a few years"

"They're the only family I've ever had," he muttered, "and faking my death, what do you think happens to Braxton when your parents hear that. They're his only blood relations, they'll be expecting to raise him if I've gone"

"That's a good point" I frowned.

"I don't want to leave Charming, and I don't want to leave you" he pleaded, his voice conflicted.

"We can't have it both ways. It's too early for me to be back in Charming" I whispered.

"What about if you stayed here?" Alex questioned, grabbing one of my hands, "I can bring Braxton up, and I can head up to see you both every few weeks. When the heat dies down you can come back"

"I don't know" I muttered a little skeptical.

"I love you Anya. More than I can ever explain to you. I still can't believe that after everything I've done, the man I was - that you still love me, you choose to be with me. But, before you accepted me, the Sons did. I had nobody, I was nobody. Things are slowing down again, and we'll be earning straight again soon, but I can't turn my back on them now" I could see him tearing himself apart over this decision. Leaving his brothers just wasn't the kind of man Alex was, and every principle he had ever lived by was being challenged as his mind tore him between two lives.

"Hey," I whispered, grabbing his face between my hands, "We'll think of something" I assured him as confidently as I could, he only nodded, bringing his forehead to rest against mine.

"You scared the hell out of us" Bobby chuckled slightly, puffing on a cigarette as I took a seat next to him.

"I know, but it had to be done" I sighed with a small shrug, "I didn't fancy spending the rest of my life on the IRA hitlist"

"So how does Hannah Coburn move on with her life then?" he asked with a side glance.

"Well, she isn't a physiotherapist" I muttered, kicking a small stone, I knew giving up my career had to be done, but it still hurt, "She was born and raised in Seattle, has no academic qualifications but has worked for the last ten years as a Personal Assistant to a lawyer here in Tacoma"

"The club lawyer?" Bobby grinned.

"Of course" I laughed slightly.

"What's Tig thinking?" he asked quietly.

"He's very conflicted," I muttered, kicking another stone with my foot, "He wants us to be together again, but he doesn't want to leave Charming. He suggested I stay up here for a while, he'd bring Braxton up, visit as often as he could, until things settled down"

"It's not a bad idea," Bobby nodded.

"I just hoped we wouldn't be apart anymore" I sighed sadly.

"It won't be for much longer," Bobby assured as he placed an arm around my shoulders, "We're virtually out of the deal with the Irish, they know they fucked up, big style, they'll be off our backs in a couple of months, they'll keep an eye on us for a few more, but then they'll get bored. When me and Jax spoke to Connor at the last drop it sounded like they were moving away from California for trading," I looked up quickly at that piece of information, "They've caused too much shit around us, ATF, FBI, every god damn government body is going to be keeping an eye out for the IRA for years to come in our area, it's not cost effective to transport through us anymore, talking about Florida I think"