Wattpad Original
There are 4 more free parts

Chapter 3...

"You see, my mom got involved with some bad people and..." Jeffrey said, going on and on. I blocked him out as I continued on driving. Jeffrey seemed under the impression that I cared about knowing him better. All I wanted to do was get this job done, and drop this idiot back at my father's. We actually would have been on the road sooner if the guy didn't take his own sweet ass time getting his things together.

"That is how I was born." The 26 year old kept saying. I know Jeffrey meant well and was talking about his family to get his mind off of what we were about to do, but the guy never shuts up. I was not interested in getting to know him or know how his mother gave birth to him. That was something you kept to yourself; he didn't seem to get the memo.

Jeffrey Bloom was 26 and has been apart of my fathers 'group' for about three years now. As he said, his mother got involved with one of my father's friends back in the day. When she passed away my father took it upon himself to bring him in and let him learn the 'family' business in a way. Jeff was basically the guy you sent with a bunch of other guys to do a simple job. And he was the party/fun guy to have around. I've never witnessed it myself but have been told Jeff can throw a mean party.

With his light blonde hair and light green eyes he was pretty nice looking. He towered over me at 6'2 and was pretty bulky. He definitely worked out, probably more to get girls than anything. While his physical appearance didn't fit his name, his personality did.

"I've never killed anyone before. Is it hard?" He switched subjects, looking over at me waiting for my answer. "I mean for you it probably is no big deal, but for us regular people we don't go around shooting or torturing people." This guy really never did shut up.

I gripped the steering wheel tighter, my knuckles turning white from the tension. I just wanted to knock the guy out so he would be quiet for the rest of the ride, although that would do me no good considering we were about ten minutes away. I had no clue why my father made me bring Jeff along. He would only get in the way and if he did something-which is bound to happen-one of us is more likely to get hurt...meaning him. If he gets hurt then I am on the hook for it. I was more than tempted to make him stay in the car while I did what I needed to do.

"I have no idea what we are doing. Can you explain what we are doing?" He asked. I swear my father made me bring Jeffrey along as some sort of punishment, and it was working.

"We are going to check the perimeter to make sure no one is around to hear us. Once the coast is clear we will knock on his door and politely go inside. From then on you let me do the talking." I said.

"But I want some of the action." Jeffrey said in a whiney tone. And to think he is 26 years old instead of 5.

"Well you aren't going to." Thankfully we finally reached the address my father gave me. I parked a few houses down from 267 River Road. The house was surprisingly cute. The light blue two story house sat in the middle of two other houses that looked the same. You could almost see a small family living there with their dog.

I glanced around the neighborhood seeing how most of the houses were dark, the occupants probably still asleep or the few that worked on a Saturday were gone. It was almost nearing 8 o'clock am, which meant we had to hurry. People would be waking up soon and we could not have that.

"Okay, here is what we are going to do." I looked over at Jeffrey who was looking at me expectedly. "People are going to start waking up soon which means we need to be in and out. There is no room for mistakes here because one wrong move we will get caught. It doesn't look like anyone is around so we don't need to go around the block or anything." I reached into the backseat to grab my bag that had multiple weapons.

"You are going to go around back and enter that way incase he tries to escape out the back. If you can, pick the lock instead of breaking the door down, less noise the better. Make sure you have a gun or two on you." As I talked I took out another semi automatic handgun to put in my thigh holster. I also grabbed a few knifes to hide on me in case. I glanced over at Jeffrey to see him holding two handguns as well.