Wattpad Original
There are 3 more free parts

Chapter 4....

For the next two days I didn't leave my house at all. I became a somewhat of a recluse not wanting anyone to see my face. I was in quite a bit of pain and wanted no one to know that. It would take another couple of days until I could walk without wincing or bending over like an old lady.

My phone rung a few times but I ignored all of the calls. To hell with my father at the moment; I deserved a few days off. But what I hated the most is that it is only the second day since it all happened and I was ready to leave my house. I wanted to do something other than sit on my couch watching tv.

It was now a Monday night and I was getting ready to go out. The pain wasn't strong enough for me to stop from going. I was following Martin's advice for once, even if it was a Monday night. Instead of going to party or what not, I was just going to a bar to get a few drinks.

I was currently trying to cover up the slight bruise on my cheek. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was and was now just tinted a light yellow color. Just in that area of my face I was using more coverage than usual. Because I wasn't going to hook up with anyone I didn't try too hard with my makeup. Just enough to cover my bruise and dark circles under my eyes, along with lipstick, and called it good.

Deciding to let my hair down today, it fell down my back in soft waves. It wasn't too often I let my hair down but when I did I was always struck with how pretty it looked. I've never cut it so it now sits against my lower back. My father once wanted me to dye my hair a different color but I stood firm with my dark brown hair. One thing I did not want to change about myself. The color was something I got from my mom and I wanted it to stay that way.

Okay with how I looked, I shrugged at my appearance and headed to get dressed. I was filled with pain killers so it wasn't much of a hassle to slip into my blue skinny jeans. Going casual I also slipped on a simple grey tank top along with my black leather jacket. Pulling on a pair of black heels I grabbed my bag ready to go. I never needed a drink more than I did right then. Needed something to numb the pain a little. 

With one last glance around the place to make sure I had everything, I opened the door. I felt naked because for once I wasn't taking my gun with me. I wanted a stress free, normal night and I couldn't get that having a gun on me. But...I did have a knife on me just in case. Although I was already searching for my gun in my pants, indicating it may be a long night of me doing so. I was use to having it with me at all times.

Locking the door behind me I headed out. I've been to a bar a few times but not a lot like most people my age. I only knew of a few around here so I was going to head to the closest one. I don't think I have to worry about it being busy since it is a Monday night.

It may be odd that on a Monday I was going out but at least I won't have to socialize or worry about getting hit on. That is always a plus. Men have a problem when women say no to them, and I had a problem with those kinds of men.

It didn't take me long to find a somewhat nice looking bar. As I thought there weren't too many cars around for which I was thankful for. Because I was in a pretty bad part of town, the outside looked ran down but who knows. Sometimes places that looked like crap could look nice inside; my apartment for instance.

Making sure my car was locked I headed inside. As usual the moment I entered I got a few stares from the people inside. There were probably only a handful of people here but knew more would probably wander in soon. Ignoring the stares from the men I headed straight for the bar. I normally didn't drink too often but tonight was the exception.

"A shot of tequila and a beer please." I said to the bartender. Surprisingly the guy wasn't as old as I thought. He was probably in his early 20's, definitely younger than me, with dark blonde hair and probably had blue eyes. Even I couldn't deny he was nice looking. I bet he got hit on a lot when it was busy in here.