Chapter 1

Chapter 1- Graduation

Brody^^

Clary's pov-

"Congratulations class of 2020!" We all cheered as we threw our caps into the air. Izzy ran over to me and she nearly knocked the wind out of me with the force of the hug.

"We did it! We graduated!!!" Izzy yelled over the crowd. "I know! And you're getting married soon!!" I yelled back. We smiled and hugged each other.

"Ok come on we need to go pack up our stuff." She says as she pulls me to the parking lot. We had to go back to our dorm to pack up our stuff. We were going to send our stuff with our moms back to New York and then we were going to take the stuff we needed for Hawaii.

It's been three and a half years since I ended things with Jace. I haven't talk with him since but I hope he's doing ok. I learned to cope with it. I never moved on but I built up walls to protect myself from the pain.

Izzy and Simon are engaged! He proposed about a year ago and that is why we're flying to Hawaii. That is were the wedding is taking place.

This is the first time I will see Jace in those three and a half years. That is why I'm taking Brody! Brody is a friend I've slept with a few times. We're not dating or anything but he's good in bed and he's hot. Not as hot as Jace but...oh well.

Izzy and I made it back to the dorm and started packing.

"Sooo, first time you're going to see Jace since the breakup...Are you gonna be ok?" Izzy asked carefully.

"Ya Iz, I'll be fine! Besides, this trip is about you and Simon. It's your wedding Izzy! We are there to celebrate you!" I said convincingly. I'm not sure if I was trying to convince her or myself.

"Ok. Thank you Clary! Aghhhh I'm so excited!! I'm getting married!" She said enthusiastically.

We talked and danced around while we packed everything up for another few hours.

There was a knock on the door so I went to open it. I was almost knocked down by my mother and Maryse hugging me and screaming in my ears.

"You graduated!" My mom yelled. They let go of me and ran over to Izzy, doing the exact same thing to her. They were clearly very excited. They were driving back to New York today with all of our furniture and everything we weren't taking to Hawaii.

They helped us finish taping up the boxes and loaded them into the moving van. Brody came over to help move furniture. We finally had finished and they said goodbye.

"We will see you in a few days in Hawaii!" They said as they drove away. We waved them goodbye and Izzy went back to the room.

"Hey, so your ex is going to be there right?" Brody asked with a smirk. "Ya why?" I asked hesitantly. "Well you are clearly still hung up on him so I'm going to help you make him jealous." He relied confidently.

"As far as he will know, we are a couple, ok?" He asked with a smirk. I smirked back. "I knew there was a reason why I invited you." I said.

"Well that and my amazing looks and I'm great in bed." He said wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me closer. "Can't argue with that." I said as I leaned up and kissed him.

We pulled away when my phone went off. "It's Izzy she says we need to leave soon." I said. He nodded and pulled me to my dorm to grab his bag and mine. We got an uber and started our way to the airport.

We got there and made our way through security. We got to our gate and boarded the plane into our first class seats. The plane took off and I started praying that these next few weeks would be ok.

------

Bye Angels,
😘😘