Chapter 19

Chapter 19- Is He Rehearsing How to Stare at You?

I'm so sorry that its been so long. I was on vacation for a week and when I got I discovered that my computer had crashed while I was gone.

Apparently my little step sister had been playing some game on it and it contracted a virus from the website. But I got a new laptop and I tried to get this chapter done as soon as I could for y'all!!

I know its been so long but I hope you like it!!!

Clary's pov-

"Ok! Ladies and Gentlemen, attention. Quiet down." I rolled my eyes when no one listened. I reached over and used Jace's shoulder to help me quickly stand up on one of the chairs that we set up. "EVERYBODY LISTEN UP!!!" I yelled. The talking quickly faded and all eyes turned to me. I smiled, pleased at this and continued.

"We're going to try to make this as quick and painless as possible. We'll put you in your positions and then once everyone is set up, we will do a quick walk through. The bride and groom will be arriving in 15 minutes. Until then, DO NOT leave this room, under any circumstances!!" I say to the small group of people.

Tonight we were doing the rehearsal dinner for the wedding. Unfortunately I was the one running the whole operation, since I was the maid-of-honor.

"If you have any problems, if you see anything wrong, if you don't know where to be, if you need assistance, anything at all during this, you come to Jace and I. DO NOT go to Izzy or Simon. The are both stressed enough and do not need anymore problems. For now just sit down and relax until we start positioning people." I instructed.

Jace helped me down after I finished and I let out a sigh. "We should probably at least start before they get here or who knows what she'll have to say." he laughed and nodded. "We can start in ten minutes, that way you can sit down and relax for a little bit." he said pushing me down into a chair while standing behind me. "Right now, I think you're more stressed than Isabelle is and it's not even your wedding." he said while rubbing me shoulders gently.

My eyes fluttered closed and my head drifted back. "I think so too." I replied. He kept rubbing my shoulders for a little while longer but my phone vibrating on my leg brought me out of my relaxed state. I looked at it and realized it was Izzy.

'Five minutes away' -Izzy

I quickly shot up and told Jace we needed to start.

We quickly started shuffling people around to where they need to be. We started first by getting the bridal party lined up outside the doors. That wasn't hard since Izzy had already planned that out.

Alec agreed to officiate for them so he was already standing at the altar. I directed the others to where they would be sitting such as Izzy and Simons parents. Izzy's mom is sat on her side and Simon's on the other. Jon is sat on Izzy's side while mom and Luke are on Simon's. Everyone is sitting in the right spots and I walk back to the bridal party. I notice that Izzy and Simon have arrived. Izzy is standing with her dad at the back of the line.

Simon walked towards me and as he passed mouthed 'thank you'.

We quickly went through the timing stuff and now we were standing at the altar while Izzy and Simon were going over some other things with Alec.

"Is he rehearsing how to stare at you? He hasn't stopped looking at you for more than two seconds at a time." aline leaned forward and whispered in my ear. I blushed and shook my head slightly. "It doesn't matter, whatever was between us is over now." I said turning my head slightly so she could hear me better.

"mmmmhmm" she hummed sarcastically and leaned back to her original position.

after everything with the ceremony had been timed out, we moved to the rehearsal dinner. We mingled around for a while as we were waiting for the food.

Jace's pov-

I was standing near on of the tables sipping the champagne they handed out, when Jon stood next to me holding his own glass. "So If I asked you to do something serious for me, would you do it?" he asked me after awhile. "Of course, why what's going on? is this going to require surgery? I'll still do it, I'd just like a heads up." I told him confused. He laughed slightly and shook his head. "Nothing like that man." he said.

"If I asked you to be a godfather, would you accept?" He asked. I turned to him with wide eyes. "Woah wait, are you- is Aline- Are you saying what I think you're saying?" I stuttered out. He took a sip from his drink as he looked around the room. "We might have had an unplanned...meeting last night, and we may have forgotten to use protection. It's to early to tell but ya maybe." he said.

I pulled him in for a quick hug and said "Congratulations man!" he laughed and thanked me. We talked a little more until the food got here. I took my spot next to Simon as we all started to eat.

Soon after we all finished our food, it was time for the speeches. They weren't the speeches that were actually going to be given at the real reception but just something short.

"I want to thank you all for joining us on this amazing journey. I have been thinking about this day ever since I first laid eyes on Isabelle. She is my past, my present, and my future. She's my everything and I can't wait to see where life takes us next." He said before thanking everyone once again and sitting down.

Izzy had decided to skip her toast tonight so I was next up.

"I remember back in high school, when Simon and I first met, we did not get along at all. He was my little sisters boyfriend and my girlfriends best friend, it was so easy to hate him. Then we went to college together, we were roommates, and no matter how hard we tried, we couldn't hate each other. I could be up here for hours telling you stories of how idiotic we were in college but I won't. Congrats man." I said putting a hand on his shoulder.

Next up was Clary. She stood up as my eyes followed her every move. "Ok this isn't going to be that long because I have a whole speech written for tomorrow and I know the longer I'm up here the more likely I am to start reciting that speech." she said nervously. Her melodic laugh floated through the air and made me smile.

I got lost watching her lips as she spoke, so lost that I didn't even realize she was done until everyones clapping brought me back. I shook myself out of it and turned to Simon and Izzy to make conversation.

We spent the rest of the night laughing and smiling, celebrating the new chapter that was about to begin for them, all while one name floated endlessly through my head.

Bye Angels,
😘😘