Epilogue

Epilogue

Clary's POV-

I smoothed down the dress with my sweaty palms as I looked in the mirror.

"Stop." Izzy said from behind me in the suite. "Stop what? I'm not doing anything." I replied.

"You're stressing about nothing. You have known this was coming since senior year of high school. You both want this so calm down." She told me as she rested a hand on my shoulder before walking to get something from the bathroom.

"You are....totally right. Why am I stressing? He loves me, I love him and everything will be perfect as long as we have each other." I tried to convince my nerves.

Izzy and I walked out of the room and over to the large doors. Her and the others walked in before me and after the doors closed, I stood in front of them next to Luke.

"Ready?" He said looking down at me. I just took a deep breath and looked forward.

The doors opened and I looked ahead at Jace. He smiled at me and I felt weightless.

He reached for my hands and took them from Luke. He pulled me to stand in front of him and once again I was asked, "Ready?"

I felt all my nerves disappear when he spoke. "Yep!" I said surely.

"Lets get married." I replied with a smile.

---------

"I already called ahead and made a reservation, all I need is a little confidence from my best friend!" I told her.

"Honey, you know you've got this! You just have to tell him straight and he'll be here to support you every step of the way." She replied over the phone. I took a deep breath.

"You're right, I have nothing to worry about." I tried to convince my nerves.

Later that night, Jace and I got dressed nicely and he called one of the drivers to come pick us up.

Soon we were seated at a more private booth in a very popular Italian restaurant.

The waiter came over and asked if we'd like to see a wine menu. Jace was about to reply 'yes' but I cut him off. "Actually I would just like a water, please." Jace shrugged but also got water.

"So I got offered a promotion at work today." I told him. "What?! Clary, that's amazing!!" He replied excitedly.

My heart started to beat erratically, scared of his reaction to my next words.

"There's something that might be stopping me from taking it..." I told him.

"Why wouldn't you take?" He asked confused.

"We would have to move to San Fransisco for it." I replied nervously. To my surprise, he smiled.

"Clary, this is perfect!!" He said. "Wait what?" I asked confused.

"My department heads and I have been discussing recently about moved the main offices to our location in San Fransisco. I kept saying no because I didn't want to force you to make the move but this is perfect!"

"Are we ready?" I asked him. He thought for a second before replying "I think so."

I leaned across the table to give him a kiss.

"Lets move to San Fransisco!" I said with a smile.

----------

I quickly arranged everything on his desk in his office at our home. Jace's company had flourished and we lived a very comfortable life. He was one of the youngest, richest CEO/Presidents and I couldn't be more proud.

I made sure everything was perfect as I heard over the intercom "Baby, where are you?" Jace asked.

I pressed the buttoned down with my manicured finger. "In your office."

Soon enough, the door opened. He came in and gave me a quick peck on the lips. "What are you doing in here?" He asked.

He turned towards the desk and picked up one of the items on the desk.

"Little monkey..I love my da..." He mumbled quietly, trailing off at end. He looked up at me with a shocked look on his face. "Does this mean what I think it means?" He asked me and I nodded with a grin.

He picked me up and twirled me around as I squealed. When he put me down, he kissed me and grinned at me.

"Are we ready?" He asked me nervously. I nodded.

"Lets have a baby!" I replied with a smile.

---------

I tapped my fingers on the wheel to a beat in my head as the phone over the speaker rang in my car.

"hello?" Jace answered.

"Hey babe. I just dropped Jackson off with Jenna, she said Brody is on his way home soon as well." I told him.

Brody and Jenna had moved about 15 minutes away from us in San Fransisco, which proved useful when we need a babysitter.

"I'm sure you are on your way home by now. Nothing to worry about but I'm starting to feel some contractions. They're still spaced out but I called the doctor and once we both get home, we'll leave." I told him calmly.

When Jace finally got home I was clearly progressing quickly.

"AHHHH! We need to leave! NOW!" I screamed at him as another strong contraction hit me.

He raced to get the go-bag and helped me into the car.

Once we were settled in the car, I had calmed down a little since my previous contraction.

"Are we ready?" He asked me. "Yep!" I told him.

"Lets go have another baby!" I replied with a smile.

---------

Jace pushed open the front door and set the baby stuff down right inside of it.

"Welcome home, Baby girl!" I gently told my newborn daughter, that I was holding in my arms. I heard small feet padding quickly on the wood floors.

Jace scooped up Jackson before he could run into my legs.

"Mommy! Daddy! I missed you!" I smiled at my son. "We missed you too buddy!" Jace said ruffling his hair.

"You brought baby Emma with you!!" He said. I smiled at him.

"Yes we did honey. I bet daddy would even help you hold your sister if you be verrrryyy careful." I told him with a wink at Jace.

Jace took the baby from my arms and sat down with Jackson on the couch, helping him hold his young sister.

I smiled at my family and headed upstairs to put some baby stuff away.

Later that night after both kids were in bed, Jace wrapped his arms around me in our bathroom.

I looked at him through the mirror. "Now we get to watch them grow up." He told me.

"Are we ready for that?" He asked. Just then Emma's cries sounded through the monitor.

"Lets go raise some kids!" I told him with a smile.

---------

Bye Angels,
😘😘