[Chapter Forty Five]

Chapter Forty Five

The feeling of someone shaking my shoulder pulls me out of my peaceful sleep. Still dazed, I rapidly blink my eyes open to see Archer leaning over the front seat of the car.

"Riley, we've arrived back at the hotel," he says.

"Okay." I nod my head.

Resting my head against the car door, my eyes drift to go back to sleep. But the seatbelt rubs against the side of my neck uncomfortable and I know I can't get go back to sleep, not now. I need to summon some strength and get to my comfortable bed.

I pick my mask up from the seat next to me and strap it back to my face. Only a couple more minutes until I can cuddle in my bed with the comfort of my pyjamas. Stretching my limbs out, I open the door and get out. Bright lights flash in my face and sting my sore eyes. All of these bright lights are enough to make me blind.

The bright lights shake the sleep from my body. Maybe I could have attended Ava's restaurant adventure. Maybe I wouldn't survive it. Little black dots appear in my vision which makes it harder to see, let alone walk anywhere.

"Sienna, look this way," someone shouts.

"Are you and Alex dating?"

"When are you going to take the mask off?" another person calls.

A shred of annoyance pulses through my veins – if I wanted to give those answers out, I'd probably have tweeted them by now. I can't be bothered with their silly questions so I lower my head and flick my hair in front of my face. I know I should be posing for photographs or saying something cryptic to make people more curious but I honestly can't be bothered.

Voices and flashes swirl around me as Archer and I move through the crowd. When we are inside the lobby, it's quieter, but you can still hear the hum of voices and the flashing of camera from behind.

"I'm never going to get used to that." I shake my head as I stare at the people pressed up against the windows.

"Do you know if Alex is back yet?" I ask Archer. Ava never returned back to the sign in room and so now I'm stuck without my phone. Just when I need it the most to flag down Alex, I'm stuck going to bed alone. I could really do with a friend to talk to right now!

"He's gone to make his appearance at the restaurant."

"I feel awful about not going," I confess.

"Means an early bed time so I'm not complaining." He shrugs his shoulders.

My mouth pops open, and he laughs at me. "Get yourself up to bed now, I have to get back to work," he commands.

"I'm moving, I'm moving," I call over my shoulder. Archer shakes his head disapprovingly and I just grin back at him. I hop into the first available elevator and press the button to my floor. Just as the doors are about to close, someone yells out.

"Hold the door," a male voice shouts. Looking up, I see a blonde teenager rushing towards me. I immediately stick my arm out to stop the moving doors, but I regret my action as soon as I recognise his face. Why does he always seem to appear when things are inconvenient?

"Thanks for holding the door," Nathan says as he walks in. He grabs a hold of the wooden railing on the side as he starts to regain his even breathing.

"You're welcome." I smile.

Once he's caught his breath, he turns around to face me. I try to angle myself away, but the mirrors surrounding us don't conceal anything.