[Chapter Fifty Four]

Chapter Fifty Four

Rolling up another slice of pancake with melting ice cream in the middle, I take a bite into it. The cold creamy filling slushes through my mouth as I chew. I try to focus my attention on the food in front of me, not the sad broken voice coming from across the table.

This must by Alex's sick idea of payback, making me listen to Nathan has to say about how much he likes Riley whilst chomping down a stack of pancakes. They taste so good, but in this moment, there's no way that I could possibly enjoy them.

"I don't think I'll ever meet another girl like her," he whines, shoving another large square of pancake into his mouth. "What other girl am I going to meet who loves pancakes and ice cream as much as me?" His words come out muffled.

I can't eat anymore, not while listening to someone complain about me. I push the plate of half eaten pancakes away from me.

"Are you full?" Alex asks, drawing Nathan's attention to me. With both pairs of eyes stuck on me, I try to maintain my cool composure.

"Completely stuffed." I smile as I pat my rumbling stomach. I haven't eaten much today, and I'm certainly beginning to pay for it.

"Great. I really want to try some," Alex says, smiling as he grabs the plate and pulls it in front of him. I have to hold myself back from snatching the plat out of his grip and storming off with it. But that's not something supportive Sienna, darling girlfriend to Alex would do. Why would I even have a reason for storming off?

My stomach groans and my eyes pop open. "I really shouldn't have eaten that much." I shake my head and pat my stomach again.

"You should try walking it off," Nathan suggests.

"Or you should have eaten something healthier. As they say, a moment on the lips is a life time on the hips." Alex chuckles.

Immediately, I pout and then open my mouth to snap back at him. But the smug look on Alex's face makes me bit my lip and look down at the counter top in annoyance. He cuts a piece of pancake off and quickly chews on it.

"These are really delicious," he concludes.

"Yes they are," Nathan agrees.

"There are plenty of girls out in the world that will eat pancakes with you. You just need to broaden your horizons and search for them," Alex suggests with a hopeful grin.

"Where am I going to go out and meet them? I'm stuck working and you're my only friend in this town." Alex and Nathan sit there for a couple of seconds – thoughtful expressions consuming their faces.

"How about you come to the practise rehearsal with us? I'm sure one of the backup dancers are single," Alex suggests.

Oh good, things could actually get worse. I'm going to be required to bring both boys to work with me and actually try and concentrate with an upset pancake boy milling around in the background. Aren't you supposed to leave your problems behind – not bring them to work?

"Doesn't that sound like a good idea Sienna?" he asks.

"Perfect." I smile.

Getting up from my seat, I stretch my legs and stand there awkwardly for a second before walking towards the bedroom door. Before entering I turn to face the two of them. "I'm going to get ready; I'll see you in a bit," I say, closing the door behind me.

I drop to the ground and roll onto my back and cover my face with my hands.

"What the heck am I supposed to do?" I grumble.

Crawling over to my case, I open it up and start searching through the clothes. It takes me a brief moment to realise that the ripped skinny jeans and band t-shirts aren't mine. Where are my clothes? I guess this would explain why the suitcase seemed overly heavy.

I go to open the door but I'm stopped from fully opening it when I hear Alex's hushed voice. My curiosity is spiked as I begin to wonder what could be so secret that they have to whisper it.

 "I don't want you hanging around anymore," Alex states.

"Why?" Nathan asks in a confused voice.

"Because I don't like the way you keep looking at Sienna." I see Alex cross his arms against his chest, then look down at Nathan.

I don't get to hear Nathan's reply because my phone vibrates and it catches their attention. Slipping the device out of my pocket, I open the door as I look down at the screen.

"Just Ava reminding me about the rehearsal," I say, pretending I didn't hear their conversation.

"Okay," both boys say.

"Somehow I have your case Alex, do you know where mine is?" I ask.

Alex nods his head and walks over to the door. Sitting next to it is an identical case, which explains why they got mixed up.

"It was just delivered," Nathan chips in.

Alex grabs the suitcase by the door and brings it to me. I expect him to leave it by the door, but he goes through the effort to place the case on my bed and unzip the lid and open it. I see the pockets of masks and bright coloured clothing – that's my case for sure.

"Thanks you." He hugs me and then leaves the room.

I've got fifteen minutes to get changed, so I set to work with filtering through my clothes. Everything seems to look the same, style wise. While each clothing piece offered a different pattern. As I look through it, I can't help but wonder what Ava would dress me in.

Would she pick another pair of leggings and sparkly top or just another skirt and singlet? I know it'll look better in photographs if I change into a dress. Leggings seem so... something you would wear if you were lazing around at home.

I settle on a dress that has a beautiful floral pattern for the shirt and the skirt section is just a white slip with netting over the top. Matching the outfit is a pair of brown boots and Alex's necklace, and the white mask my parents gave me.

I take the outfit to the bathroom so that I can quickly shower and change into the outfit. Before I leave the bathroom, I apply a light layer of makeup and eye liner to frame my eyes. Once I'm ready, I grab my handback from the bedroom and walk into the main room.

When I walk out, Nathan and Alex are already waiting for me. As usual, Alex is dressed in a pair of tight ripped skinny jeans with a black band shirt with lyrics and a microphone on it. As for Nathan, he's standing in a pair of faded blue jeans and plain black shirt with lyrics – I assume he's borrowed some clothing from Alex.

Alex looks in place with his choice of clothing, but Nathan looks awkward and uncomfortable. I wonder if Nathan just didn't have any clothes or if Alex is trying to style him in appropriate clothing to catch his attention.

"Ready to go?" I ask.

"Yes," they say.

As we make a move to leave the house, Alex is quick to grab my hand and intertwine our fingers. Nathan notices and frowns at the sight of our hands. He walks ahead leaving a smug Alex standing by my side. I desperately want to yank my hand away from his but from what I overhead Alex say before, I'm scared of the consequences for Nathan.

I'm playing with fire and it's something I hoped I would avoid in the music industry. But being ignorant and ignoring everything has just thrown me into the deeper end of the pool. I should know the basic facts about people instead of skimming off what I can observe.

We meet Archer and Mitch downstairs by the elevators before leaving the building. Just like every other time, there's hundreds of people waiting outside the hotel with questions and flashing cameras. I've become accustom to the nosey surroundings and thousands of questions.

The arena is only a short ten minute drive from the hotel. I hope that I can escape the boys and find Ava and discuss the situation with her – she's the only female on tour with me at the moment and she's older. I'm sure she's going to have good advice for me to make the situation more comfortable.

As for now, I get to be seated next to Nathan for the duration of the ride there. At least we can be awkward turtles together.