Intro

"Just fucking kill me off already... I can't take this anymore..." I raised my voice but it was still clear that I was calmly depressed and not angry at the person I was speaking to, but she still flinched. I don't blame her any.

"You know she wouldn't want you to be like this... You know she still cared despite the fact she knew you guys couldn't be together. I mean she defended your very life up until her last breath. If that doesn't show how much she cared, then I clearly don't know what love is." She sighed and patted my back, giving it a small rub after and continued. "If she had wanted you dead she would've done it herself back when you caused her heart so much confusion and pain when you guys broke up. But she's not like that. She still cares for you even now. Yes, she's dead. But as her best friend I would know more than anyone else that she would want you to move on, live your life FOR her. I mean you didn't take down that criminal vampire for nothing."

"But I couldn't save her..."

"But you saved everyone else! Human and vampire alike! Snap yourself out of this rut you're in and go save the fucking world a second time god dammit!" Arilla started to raise her voice at me, clearly getting more and more frustrated at my lack of commitment skills. Like I care...

"Why should I..." Right after uttering this under my breath she smacked me across the face, something I never would've expected out of her. She's too sweet a person, never hit anyone as far as I'd seen.

"Because my best fucking friend is dead and now they're threatening to convert the entire fucking world of humans because our secret has been somehow spilled to them and they're forming riots and that's the 'best way possible for our survival'!!!"

I looked up at her in shock. I had forgotten she was in the Council, of course she'd know all the bad things that they're suggesting and wanting to do. Well fuck, there goes my night.