Chapter 2

It was about a week later after that eerie visit from the boss, er rather... Ex-boss. I glanced at the business card stuck in my dashboard near the radio player. It was dark, misty, and gloomy. I was on a drive to where this place was. I took the address posted on the card and input it into my car's GPS system and touched the 'go' button on the touchscreen. I didn't know why I was going, nor why I was even curious about this place. What did it have in store for me? Why did I have any business even going 2 hours away from my home, just to see what this random pub is and maybe even get answers as to why Carlos had given its business card to me after firing me. Was he saying I should get hired here? It's two fucking hours from my house! The hell if I'm gonna work my ass here.

Two and a half long hours later, I'm there. Or rather, I'm at the end of a dead-end road which seems to be about a twenty minute walk away from the pub. I've entered a small town north of where I live, and by small, I mean the only roads between each building is too tiny for any car to fit, so you have to walk. It would've been less time for me to get here had the roads not been so foggy. A vampire would've been able to see through this fog with ease, as if it weren't even there. But I'm human so I have zero vision skills. In fact I've been told by several doctors I probably should wear glasses, but I can see fine without them so I don't.

Walking around the town trying to find this damn pub was like walking in a maze. There were so many twists and turns, hilly pathways, and a ton of dead-ends and alleyways. It was about 9P.M., so most of the people were asleep by now or at least home for the night. I barely saw a single soul out in the streets with me. I did, however, see a ton of vampires walking about. I glared at them all, knowing at least half of them were out seeking some helpless human to feed off of for the night. But I realized that my angry stares weren't nearly as hate-filled as they used to be. Am I going soft? Just because I fell in love with one doesn't mean I should love them all. I didn't fall in love with the fact she was a vampire, I fell in love with who she was as a person.

I finally had arrived at what was very clearly the pub I was looking for [A/N: the pub is the picture posted with this chapter...] and it wasn't quite what I had thought it would look like. But rest assured, it was the place as it clearly had the big glowing purple sign that said 'The Black Rabbit' above the entryway. I took a deep breath and opened the door. Inside it looked like one of those older times pubs back in like a renaissance, middle-age time. It was lit by candles everywhere, the seating was hand crafted beech wood with stone tables. It was actually very beautiful, and gave me an achy home sickness feeling. I felt so comfortable here.

But that comfort easily dissipated the moment I sat down at a table close to the wall. I felt the presence of several vampires staring at me. Did they know I was a vampire hunter? Er... well... WAS a vampire hunter? I didn't know anyone in this town, let alone knew it even existed until just now. Was my reputation this far spread? I mean, I know I was a pretty damn good hunter, but to be known this far out? Doesn't each town have their own set of vampire hunters who have their own well renown best? Was I just so good I overtook their names even from two hours away? Or were their best not better than our best? I honestly have zero clue what the hell is going on anymore.

I was a tad startled when a beautiful 5 ft something lady with long brown hair and deep blue eyes sat a glass of water and a menu in front of me. I looked up at her confused, as I hadn't ordered water yet.

"Don't worry, water's free here, and it's complimentary. Take a few minutes and look over the menu. We don't just serve alcohol here, we have food as well, so if you're hungry, take a look-see. I'll be back in a few minutes to check up on you, but take your time." She gave me a warm smile and turned around and walked off to the next table she was about to take their order from. I stared after her. She was very beautiful, but she looked to be about 15, maybe 16. Way too young for me. Not to mention illegal. Plus she's probably the owner of this pub's daughter or something, the hell if I'm gonna get in trouble with the owner before I could get any answers from this joint.