Chapter 6

Alex's P.O.V.

          Suddenly I snapped back into reality. My head was a tad foggy, however I was still very much aware of my surroundings. I leant forward with my hand on my forehead, which was piping hot at this point. I opened my eyes to see I was definitely back in Marcus' office, and still sitting in the same position I was in. Then I noticed something very off about this whole thing, but I couldn't quite place it. It had something to do with the fact that I could no longer feel my own heart like I used to...

          "....What the hell just happened to me...?" I croaked out, and as I did I felt my mouth was a little dry.

          And then it hit me...

          I lunged forward onto the floor, only to be met by Stephen's arms as to stop me from hitting the floor completely. I started screaming and grabbing at my neck. It was so dry my screams just sounded distorted and guttural. Marcus wasn't near me like Stephen was. Then i caught a glance at myself in a nearby mirror and noticed my hair was a lot longer, my eyes peeking through were welling up with tears and also one other thing that was new....

          My eyes were shining red and my open mouth as I as screaming showed I had fangs protruding out. This shocked me so much so that I stopped screaming and just stared silently at myself. Marcus must've noticed the change in my behavior because he was now in front of me with his wrist bared in front of my mouth.

          "I think you of all people know what's happened to you. Drink. The burning in your throat must be agonizing. This will temporarily suffice until we can find you a satisfactory substitute. Stephen, be ready to pull him off of me in EXACTLY three minutes from when he starts, got it? No more no less. He won't be able to stop himself and his strength rivals my own. I'll need your magic help to get him off of me." Said Marcus. He didn't move a single inch. He had already made up his mind to do this for me.

          Before I realized what I was doing, my fangs were already deep within hugs wrist and I could taste the sweet nectar of his blood flooding my mouth and draining into my stomach. It was a blissful feeling, one I never thought I'd have ever again after Alice. Three minutes passed too fast and I found myself sitting back in the desk chair again like none of that ever happened, only this time my thirst was gone and I still had that faint distinct taste of blood in my mouth.

          "Quite obviously, you're a vampire now. You have been for some time. Here comes where I verbally explain what's really going on here..." Marcus paused for a moment to open a drawer in his desk and pull out one of those classic desk whisky sets you see in movies all the time. He offered us both a glass. I had a feeling this was gonna need a drink like this to take it all in, so I accepted and took the first sip. It was not that bad of whisky, I'm just not a whisky guy myself. Usually I'd go for a nice Rum or Ale. But I can appreciate a well aged whisky when I'm offered one.

          "So to start everything off I'd like to confirm you're caught up with everything that's happened up until at least the point of burying Alice, correct?" Marcus swished his whisky around, eyeing me closely.

          "Yes. I remember everything, but after that point is a blur. Mind filling in the holes?" I stated, setting my now empty glass on the desk, actually wanting another pour. This was some pretty decent whisky!