Chapter 11

Authors Note: Hey guys! I'm glad a lot of you are enjoying this story! But, I'm getting a lot of the same comments. Most about how Chara "isn't evil". Yes, I've seen the theories. And I find them very interesting! But for this story I'm using what was originally accepted as Canon and adding my own personality and backstory for Chara. I'm glad you want to express your opinion, and I have no problem with that! But I've gotten so many comments about this subject that I had to address it. Thank you and enjoy the story!!
-
Chara had actually slept that night. The previous day had been so exhausting their insomnia seemed to rest for at least a few hours. When they wake up, Frisk and Asriel had already left for school. It was 9:00 AM. How had they slept that long? Usually they were lucky if they got 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep.

They sit up in bed. The house seemed empty, even though they knew Sans and Papyrus were still here. Or...at least Sans. Papyrus was often out with Undyne or Mettaton. Sans had been out sometimes to try and get a job, but it wasn't often. He was likely home.

Chara swings their legs over their bed and stands up, stretching their arms over their head. They open the door, keeping their hand on the cold doorknob for a moment. They felt weird being practically
home alone on a Thursday morning. They walk down the stairs, a few boards creaking under their feet. This house was falling apart. Their family deserved so much better than this...

They sigh and walk into the kitchen. They start making themself a cup of tea when they  hear moving from the stairs. Sans was awake. They glance up at the worn-out stairs to him. He gives a tired and uninterested wave in return as he makes his way to the kitchen.

"Morning, Chara.." He yawns, starting a pot of coffee for himself.

"Morning..." They mumble, finishing up their tea and sitting at the table.

"Suppose you aren't feeling any better since last night?" He sighs.

"Not really..." They huff.

"Figured as much..." He sits down across from them and takes a sip of coffee. "Y'know...it'd probably help the mood of this house of you weren't so grumpy all the time."

Chara rolls their eyes at him as they take a large sip of tea. "Yuh-huh. Look..." They sigh. "I'll feel better eventually...just stop prodding me about it..."

"Wasn't planning on it," Sans leans back in his chair. "I was just telling 'ya that cheering up a little might do some good."

"Yeah, Yeah, whatever.." Chara crosses their free arm over their chest. They take another sip of tea. Out of all people, Sans was definitely not the first person they wanted to see in the morning. Especially not with the mood they were in the past few days. They wished they didn't have to go to public school again, but there's no way Toriel could afford a private school, and she didn't have time to homeschool them. She was already working multiple jobs to keep the family running.

She does so much for us...She deserves so much better. Chara thinks. My suspension is probably putting a lot more stress on her..

Sans must've noticed Chara's sudden drop in expression. "Is...somethin' wrong?"

"It's nothing.." They mumble quietly, avoiding his gaze.

He sighs. "Don't give me the 'it's nothing' crap. I invented the It's Nothing crap."

"Look, I don't need your help, okay??" Chara growls.

Sans rubs his temples. "It's too early for this, kid..." He sighs and walks off to the living room. "Whatever..."

Chara sighs heavily and lays their head in their arms. The last thing they needed right now was Sans prodding them.

They didn't even know how this suspension would help in any way. Just less time at school for them. They would still have to so homework, though...

Chara groans quietly and slams their head on the table.