Chapter 1: Meeting Jack Spheer

Kara POV

I've been checking on the notes I made about what could I say about the alien registry without involving the DEO. It wasn't much. The first and second pages were of things I could not say and the third one of the ones I could. And even if I didn't have only one source, I wonder if it would be enough for a 5000 words article. I've been so concentrated on the notes I barely noticed someone in front of me. I stopped just in time to not brutally crash and instead just bump into that person. "Excuse me." I said out of costume more than anything, but then I smelled a unique smell. It smelled of pure Lena. Just in case I looked up to find that she really is standing there. "Lena!"

"She said with surprise on her voice for some reason." I then remembered how I called her yesterday midnight - for the first time thanking the fact she is a workaholic and had just arrived her house after work - to make an emergency lunch date because as reassuring as Mon-El was last night, he couldn't lighten up my day like Lena always does. So after being betrayed by Jeremiah I really needed someone to cheer me up.

"Ooooh my god, we were going to try that new fermentation place, I totally forgot. I'm... I'm so sorry, there's... just... there's a lot going on." I was about to slip up saying Rao and as a result got a really long and awkward 'oh' out of my mouth, I'm not sure which one is worse, really. And I also think that was the worst apology I ever gave in my entire life.

"Ok, there's no need to explain, kambucha can wait." I let out a relieved exhale of breath, still astonished to have such an understanding friend as Lena, she didn't get even a little bit mad after canceling our last-minute lunch. She should really get a great person award sometime.

"Oh, ok."

"Is everything ok?" And if being comprehending of the forgotten lunch wasn't enough, she also managed to notice when I'm not feeling okay. How can any person think she's bad?

"No, Snapper refused to publish my..." And that's when I remembered about Lena's mom and hesitated on telling her, but if she doesn't find out because of me, she'll do it another day, and that impulses me to continue talking, "my article," come on, I can do this, "o-on Cadmus." And when she tightens her jaw at the mention of Cadmus, I decide to give her an easy way out of the topic. "He said I need more sources."

"What did mother do now?" Is she blaming all of Cadmus's actions on her mother? No, not just that. She's also blaming it on herself, as if her mother's actions somehow were her fault all along.

"Cadmus stole the alien registry: they're abducting everyone on the list." Well, at least I didn't blame Lillian for everything in front of Lena. That was good, right? But she haven't eased the tension from her body, she haven't noticed that. "My article was meant to warn everyone." This time I really hope she uses this to change from the sore topic.

"How many sources, at least?" And when the topic was changed, I couldn't help but give a relieved inhale of breath before continuing.

"Two, but he discarded Supergirl as a viable source because she didn't want to reveal where she got the list from so..."

"I could help with that, there's someone I know who could be a very reliable source. He could explain where the alien registry could've been gotten from. Supergirl could be used as a source in the other aspect as to the reports on missing aliens." Even though that is just what I need to publish the article, it's not reporting the truth.

"But... he would be lying."

"Not exactly, I don't know where Cadmus got the alien registry, but the company my friend works in does have one. It might as well could have been gotten from there, don't you think? Lying is saying they got the list from there, if it's given as a suggestion, said to be one of the possible places it could have been gotten from... Plus, it would definitely help warning aliens as soon as possible, wouldn't it? But if that goes in any way against your work ethics..."