Chaper 5: Who has two thumbs and is a stalker?

Lillian POV

"Our radar detects Supergirl nearing LCorp." Hank Henshaw informs. I actually expected this one coming. She probably comes to thank for the information my traitor of a daughter gave her. Children these days... You raise them the best you can and give them all the luxuries they want and they end up informing the cousin of the alien you hate the most about your secret hideout. But well, she always rebelled against my wishes, so I must've seen that one coming.

"Thank you." He nods and leaves. I miss Metallo, at least he gave more conversation than Hank Henshaw. I hate aliens too, but he seems to only talk about that and official business. I sigh, why is it so hard finding good minions nowadays?

I put the footage from the camera I hid in my daughter's office a long time ago on the monitor. Let's see if I can extract any important information. Supergirl seems to enter from the balcony door. Lena takes a stapler and throws it at her. Wow, I'm proud of her, maybe she did learn something useful from me and learned to always attack Supers on first sight.

Unfortunately, the stapler might as well have hit a wall and fell to the floor in pieces. But well, the intention is what counts. Although it's unfortunate I hadn't told Alena to put kryptonite in her stapler. Seems like the best opportunities to kill your worst enemies are the most unexpected. The Super kneels to inspect what was thrown at her. "Did you just throw a stapler at me? Whoa, hold it, tiger." Wait, what? Was that some kind of joke? Is she actually joking? With Lena? What did I miss? Last time I checked, they were all about 'Ms. Luthor' and formality. Did something happen yesterday that I missed?

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to damage my utensils." Supergirl starts picking the pieces of the stapler and puts them in her desk.

"So you only care about your stapler now? Where's the love for your favorite hero? I've just been brutally attacked." Very good, Lena! If you can't physically hurt her, do it emotionally! Right where it hurts! Luthor: 1, Super: 0.

"You mean my favorite indestructible superhero? I dunno, maybe you'll see that love when you fight a more menacing enemy than a simple unanimated office object, drama queen." Wow, she really got her sass from me. The Super seems speechless, so now Luthor is up to 2.

"And just for that you're not getting a pretty stapler as a birthday present." And there's the lamest comeback I've ever seen. So being annoying and aliens aren't the Supers' only defects. I knew I hated them for a reason. Super: -1

"As if you even knew when my birthday is." When is her birthday, actually? As much as I asked Lionel, he wouldn't say. He probably didn't even know himself. Or maybe he forgot, he got the memory of a certain blue fish from a movie Lena used to like—I think its name was Mory or something of the sort.

"Hm... fair point, when is it?"

"I won't tell." I know she wants to seem badass and mysterious, but in reality she doesn't know either. But, it's an interesting way of saying so, I'll give her some points in wit.

"I'll check it out on the internet, then." Ha, good luck with that one.

"Stalker." For talking with her in both of her identities? Yeah, she sure seems to fit the part. I really hope Lena has somehow figured out her identity as Kara—her best friend, much to my distaste—because if not, she'd be either really stupid or really gay. And yes, I've noticed full-well her hideous crush on her, unfortunately.

"More like curious."

"It's not on the internet, though."

"Yeah... I don't buy it. You are pretty famous, you know? I'm pretty sure there's a Wikipedia page of you and, like, a lot of biographies." That definitely sounded like she's looked for it before. She seems to be more of a stalker than I gave her credit for. People seem to reach high limits for the people they have a crush on. Noted for future reference.