Love

❝I can't eat and I can't sleep

I can't eat and I can't sleep. I'm not doing well in terms of being a functional human, you know?

— ❀ —

Like a deer in the headlights, I met my fate eleven years ago.

It all was planned. I met him exactly on my twenty-second birthday. It was a cold rainy February day, but my friends and I kept warm by sitting in his Korean business set in New York.

He was born almost ten years before me. I found him on social media and stalked out every single information about him. Then I made my friends celebrate my birthday in his pub. Now that I think about it, I acted like a stupid teenage girl.

The atmosphere was very calm and peaceful; I thought there would be a lot more customers since so many people liked his posts on the internet. It was nicely designed, pretty modern. We made a lot of noise with my friends. I think everybody was slightly annoyed by us. I always sat at the table for two; he usually joined me after the closing hours.

He named the place Handsome Guy's. Pretty funny, right? Your father's self-esteem was unbelievably high.

But I don't blame him. He truly was gorgeous. I adored his milky skin, his sharp jawline, his high-bridged nose, his plump rosy lips and his dark monolid eyes. I admired every single part of him. I believe even Greek gods would gush over his stunning beauty.

Maybe that's why you were so beautiful. You looked exactly like him. But thank God, your personality was nothing alike his.

You wanted to see a picture of your dad once. I'm sorry I reacted so harshly; I didn't realise that even a small human like you can get so curious.

The truth is that I burned everything he left behind. You are supposed to do it when a person dies. I know that technically he isn't dead, but for me, he is.

The only trace after him were you.

Anyway, back to our love story. It all seemed perfect, but we know every quality story has an interesting plot twist. To be more specific, my parents had a lot of money; I was born with a silver spoon.

He despised rich people. That's why I immaturely fabricated everything, so it looked like I am an average citizen.