2 | stop fucking tapping the desk

✶ ━━━━━ ✶ ━━━━━ ✶

NATHANIEL BENNET

I'm in my apartment eating pizza when someone barges through the door.

I already know it's Darren. He is my neighbor and best friend who apparently made a copy of my house key.

It doesn't bother me though because he's always here more than his own place anyway.

He sighs like something major happened when he throws himself on the couch.

"Sup Nate." He says casually as he crosses his arms to seem cool and I burst out laughing at how funny he looks.

"What are you even doing man?" I ask as I get up and grab us both a root beer.

"So you know how I went to the club tonight?" He asks sitting up and I nod, handing him the drink.

"Yea, did you find a girl to hook up with like you wanted?" I ask shaking my head because he loves the ladies.

"God no, I wish. There was this girl though..." He says, but just the way he said it sparked my interest.

"Yea? What's her name?" I asked as I took a swig at my drink.

"Ugh! I don't know." He says as he leans back and puts his hand on his head.

"How did you not remember to ask for her name? Isn't that like your second rule?" I ask because ever since high school and he started messing around with girls, he made a rule book that he supposedly always follows.

"I did ask for it! She just wouldn't tell me." He says shaking his head.

"Wow man, so she turned you down?" I ask as I try to hold in my laugh at how upset he looks.

"Basically." He says, rolling his eyes.

"Why do you seem so into her?" I ask because he's the player. He's into hitting it then ditching it.

"God if only you were there to see her dancing Nate. Everyone was watching her." He says like he's thinking of it again.

"Just the way her body moved and her hair. She was so hot, especially when she basically kicked some guy's ass for coming onto her." He said and that made me laugh.

"Hmm, was it you?" I asked jokingly although I knew it probably wasn't.

"No man, it was some drunk ass guy who grabbed her. He wasn't letting go, so I thought I'd try and help her out, ya know?" He said and I nodded as I listened to the story.

"I guess she didn't really need help though, cause before I did anything she beat his ass. Probably broke his nose too." He said like it was the best thing in the world.

"Have you never seen a girl punch a guy or something Darren?" I asked because I know I have, although they never broke someone's nose.

"No I have, but damn that girl looked like she could pack a punch." He said grabbing his drink from the table as I laughed lightly.

"Tell me you at least got her number?" I ask raising an eyebrow at him and he slumps over.

"I didn't, she said that I'm just going to have to find her some other way." He said shaking his head again.

"Maybe we'll find your mystery girl later," I said as I stood up cause I'm going to head to bed.

I've got to get to college early for class. Darren is most likely going to knock out on my couch any minute.