Chapter Seven

A/N: This chapter is more of a filler, but it does give some background details about Lauren and Camila's past. I hope that you enjoy, thank you so much for every little bit of support! I appreciate it so much.

"Lauren?"

Hearing her name being called, Lauren put down her colouring crayon and stared up. Her mother had just entered the living room, where Lauren was sat on the floor doing some drawing. Pencils and paper littered the ground around her.

"Hello, Mami,"

Clara knelt beside the young girl, and stroked her soft, dark hair. Lauren turned her head, fixing her inquisitive green orbs onto her mother's face.

"Lauren, did we tell you that we've got the Cabellos coming for dinner tonight?" Clara asked her.

Lauren paused, thinking the question over in her head, before looking up again, and smiling broadly.

"Yes, Mami," she nodded.

"Well, I've just had a call from Sinu, and they're going to bring their little daughter with them, because they couldn't find a babysitter. Her name is Camila, and she's six... just a year younger than you!"

The information took a minute to be processed, but then Lauren broke into another grin.

"A new friend?" she inquired.

"Hopefully!" Clara nodded, "I'm sure you two will get along really well,"

"Will she play with Chris and Taylor too?" Lauren wondered out loud.

"Chris and Taylor are a bit young, darling. We've already put them both to bed, otherwise they'll be tired tomorrow,"

This fact was fine with Lauren. She was quite pleased that this new friend would be for her, and not to be shared with her younger brother or sister. As the eldest child, she already enjoyed the advantage of having a later bedtime than both of her siblings, and she always liked it when her parents treated her more like a grown-up than a baby.

"I will show her my colouring," Lauren announced, holding up her picture, "And she can do some too, if she would like,"

"That's very generous, Lauren. I'm sure Camila would love that,"

From down the hallway, the sound of the doorbell could be heard. Clara stood up, and brushed down her skirt.

"That will be them now!"

Clara left the living room, joining Mike at the front door to welcome the other family inside. From her seat on the floor, Lauren could hear all the greetings and laughter. Soon, the sounds got louder, as the adults made their way indoors.

"She's just in here,"

The four adults came into the room, beaming at Lauren. She returned their happy smiles, but found them all a bit intimidating when they were stood over her like that. They were much taller than her, especially seeing as she was sat down.

"How are you, Lauren? You're looking more grown-up every time I see you!" Sinu exclaimed, crouching down next to her.

"I'm good," Lauren clapped her hands together, "I'm doing drawing,"

"I can see! You're very talented! Are you going to be an artist when you're older?"

Lauren blinked, glancing up at her father.

"No... I'm going to be like my Papi," she answered.

"Well, that would be a fine thing," Alejandro said, crouching next to Sinu, and cheerfully ruffling Lauren's hair, "Your Papi is a very clever man,"