Chapter Eight

A/N: I'm sorry for the time it has taken me to update. All my time has been directed towards my other story,  Chance and Reason, but I plan to be making a lot more space for this in the future. I hope that you enjoy, and thank you so much for all the support!

By the time Lauren's train rumbled into the station, she had memorised virtually every document regarding Ally Brooke's potential advertising project. As far as business was concerned, the plan showed enormous promise in terms of revenue. Not only did the brand have the famous popstar's name stamped all over it, but it had successfully identified a gap in the fashion market that Lauren felt could be hugely profitable.

As soon as she had started reading the emails her father had sent her, the cogs in her mind began turning. Even after a difficult night, the creative fire that flowed in her veins ignited as soon as she began to scan through the ideas. This type of project excited her; building an advertising campaign that would soon adorn every billboard and television in New York.

The rush hour traffic had simmered down slightly, but the famous yellow taxis still ploughed in hoards through the crowded roads. Clutching her briefcase, she darted through the lines of vehicles, and reached the JMA building.

With its fantastic glass design, the morning light left the entrance foyer bright airy. It gave off an intended atmosphere of freshness, and was really the architectural embodiment of blue sky thinking – the cloudless scenes above shone down into the offices below, as if they were genuinely open to the air. Most clientele had already decided this was the marketing agency that they wanted to use, once they saw the beautifully progressive and modernistic building. "First impressions," as her father would say, "Are everything,".

Lauren found Normani on her floor, and was relieved to hear that her father had already called ahead and explained the situation. They had a few hours to prepare the final pitch before Ally Brooke and her team arrived. Lauren set to work on creating the documentation to secure the marketing deal, while Normani starting on their presentation. They made an efficient team, and between them both, and a few extra staff members, they had it all sorted and finished early.

"Are you nervous?" Normani wondered aloud.

"No," Lauren said confidently, "We've got no reason to be. They know that we want the job, and recognise how much we could do for their brand. Our designers are world-class, and our success rates are unequalled. All we have to do is present that to them, and provide a pen to sign the contract with,"

"Fair point," chuckled Normani, "But just try not to be so obscenely arrogant to their faces, okay?"

"It's all part of my natural charm," Lauren winked, cracking her knuckles.

"You are awful,"

Before Lauren could retort, a man poked his head around the office door, and gave them a thumbs up.

"Ally Brooke has just arrived,"

"Excellent," Lauren rubbed her hands together, "Let's get this show on the road,"

She stepped into the elevator, and it glided smoothly down to the ground floor. Adjusting her cuffs, and straightening her collar, she greeted the popstar looking like the epitome of suave. With a firm, and reassuring handshake, she guided Ally and her team to the lift, and pressed the button to send them shooting upwards again.

"It's a real pleasure to meet you, Miss Brooke," she said sincerely, "I'm honestly delighted that you are considering us for this thrilling venture. I've read the files, and I could hardly put them down. Your ideas have the capacity to create truly great things,"

Ally seemed taken aback at Lauren's smooth and heartfelt delivery. The piercing green eyes rested on her, and she discreetly gulped. This was all part of Lauren's trademark business allure; charm and woo her prospective clients.