Chapter 6: Vlad's Flashback part 2

Vlad's P.O.V

I cried out in horror as my dad grabbed my hand, pulling me upstairs. He sat me in a chair that had ropes on the armrests so you could strap a person in, he locked me in place while Mother got her tools. He then left and started to watch t.v with a beer in hand. My mom did not return so I took my chance and started to wriggle around hoping that I could get one of the ropes loose so I could try and make a break for the front door. Knowing that my dad while strapping me in, was drunk, so he couldn't have tied them in too tight.

I could hear my mother still fumbling around in the closet in which held all of the torture weapons that she before and plans to use on me. I was almost out, I was so close when the doorbell rang. My mother yelled out a swear word furious that she had lost her chance. She came out of the closet and fixed herself up in the living room mirror to fix herself up. She came over to me and while unstrapping me gave me a look of seething. "Go downstairs and don't make a sound or else I swear I will melt your hands with my iron" I nodded not sure whether to talk or not. I ran downstairs while my mother tended to the person behind the door.

3rd P.O.V

Vlad's mother answered the door after yelling at her husband to act like a human being. She was expecting to see one of her batty old neighbors particularly old Miss. Figg  who had taken up the habit of visiting her neighbors, but when she opened the door, she saw a policeman, but this particular policeman she had seen patrolling around the town square while she went shopping. She tried to act like a friendly housewife. "Hello sir, what may I help you with today?"

The policeman said nothing but held up a official letter that had the king's signature on it."Hello Ma'am I was ordered to deliver this letter to you from the king." Vlad's mother took the letter, but while reading it her face became strained like she couldn't believe what she was reading, when she was done she screamed in rage at the cop and started swearing at him. The cop asked her to calm down multiple times so that she could say goodbye to the child but to no avail. He walked past the woman sobbing on the floor to the sitting room where he saw a man with a beer in hand watching wrestling. The cop asked the man if he knew where the child was, the man responded with "He's down in the basement, playing."

The cop nodded in response then left to the cellar stairs but while walking past the sitting room, he didn't notice that the woman was now gone. He walked down the steps to the cellar hearing the hard sound of hand against face. He heard a whimpering voice say that they weren't going to say anything. The cop hurried down the steps and saw mother and son. He gaped in horror when he go a closer look at the child, he was all battered and bruised and he was wearing no shirt so you could clearly see his ribs and if the cop wanted to he could've counted them. His eyes had bags under them and on one cheek there was just meat, no skin at all.....like as if someone had just taken some sharp object and carefully cut out a square in the middle of the poor boy's cheek.

The policeman quickly hurried over to the mother and son and separated them, the mother then begged the policeman to think about what he was doing and not to take her baby away from her that.......she needed him.

Vlad's P.O.V

I  believe her..... my mother needs me...she does love me s-she just needs some help expressing it....I can help her with it.....I still love her......and I think she.....loves me too. I fought out of the policeman's grasp running back to my mom who was crying in the middle of the basement floor. "M-Mom....I love you and...I forgive you....I promise I won't tell." I hugged her and for the first time she looked like a real mom to me not a rattlesnake in women's clothes... a mom, but my mom.

3rd Person

The policeman looked from mother to son, appalled at what he was witnessing, the son had obviously been at mercy from the mother and father and here he was saying that he still loved her after all she had done to him. The policeman then grabbed the child away, despite the mother's protests. He grabbed his hand and walked up the door's hearing the mother's last words to her son "I love you, and I'm sorry!" The child was now crying nd the policeman  tried hard not to care but he was failing. He stuck the child in the backseat of his cruiser and went back to the drivers seat saying that he was sorry. The child was ignoring him, tears streaming down his face and looking out the window.

The policeman said sorry one last time and started to drive, ignoring the child's gasping breaths and silent sobs. The policeman felt bad but knew that this was for the best.