Chapter 14: Loyalty

I was trapped in my head, Alex was still yelling at me face to face trying to get something out of me. I tried to speak, to tell that I was okay, that I didn't know what was happening nor could I stop it but she had no way of hearing me. Her face was frantic, her hood was down and she kept shouting but I couldn't hear the words she was saying. My eyes were stuck on her and only her but out of the corner of my eye I could clearly see that the rustling had stopped and now that there was a ferocious, mean and hungry looking wolves slowly creeping up next to Alex. 

It was like my whole world froze, I was pounding on the dark grey walls that surrounded me trying to scream so that Alex could get the message and run but she was too busy trying to get me to wake up from the dream/trance thing. Tears rolled my cheeks as I kept pounding and screaming, but nothing happened except the wolves kept getting closer and closer each second. No sound came from my mouth while I was screaming, I was desperately looking for a exit, anything that could help me save Alex, but there was nothing but those gray blank walls.

I huddled in a corner and cried, I couldn't bear to see the horrific scene that was about to be displayed out right in front of me. But then I heard a scream, this shocked me and I wiped the tears away to see what was happening. My hopes were quickly shattered into a million pieces the scream I heard had come from Alex. The wolves had finally made there  move, they all bit Alex on various places, she had screamed out in pain. But I couldn't understand, why had the words Alex had been shouting at me been so muffled, but her screams of agony were loud and clear. She was on the move trying to get me to move while also the trying to hit the wolves  with a short stick she had picked up. 

My heart ached for her even in a deathly situation, she was still that loyal friend that had beaten up that six year old bully and helped me up from the mud. With new found determination, I scaled the blank gray walls, there was nothing in site not even a lever or a button to open a secret passage or something. So then, I moved onto the floor, trying to find a hidden trap door in the concrete, but to no avail. I slumped down on the concrete, it was hopeless, Alex and I were done for unless hopefully she saved herself. But I knew she wouldn't, she wouldn't have done that to any of her friends. 

But then I had a new found fear, when Vlad and I had first arrived at the bunker, Alex had said that as long as she doesn't get hurt, the bunker would stay up, but if she did get hurt the bunker would slowly start to cave in on itself. Vlad and Mason would be buried underneath and slowly start to suffocate. My panic level raised higher, my friends all might die and it'll all be my fault. I have to save them but the thing is...I don't know how....