Chapter 19: No Plan

Angeni's POV

I was so happy that Alex had finally woken up! Everyone was hugging her while she hugged back. "Don't ever scare me like that." I said into the crook of her shoulder. "I won't" She promised. We let go of each other and while she hugged Vlad and Mason, I made her a plate of buttered bread and put a glass of water next to it. Finally everyone calmed down and ate. Alex staying oddly silent.

"Alex?" I questioned, "Are you okay?" Her head lifted up in surprise, "Y-Yeah I'm fine I was just um, thinking about what had happened. I'll be back..." She got up from the table and left. Everyone staring at her as she left the room. "I wonder what's the matter with her." Mason said. Vlad went to get up and follow but I stopped him. "No Vlad, I got it you guys stay here." Vlad nodded and said, "I'm gonna go wash everyone's clothes in the creek behind the cabin, Mason?" Mason looked up his mouth full of bread. "Care to join me?" Vlad asked a sly grin on his face. Mason smiled getting the hint, "Ya sure." He said taking the bread out of his mouth. They both walked out of the house not even carrying any clothes.

I shook my head and walked to Alex's room knocking on the door as I entered. "Alex? Do you want to talk?" Her back was to me and she was resting her head on her knees staring out the window. Her purple cloak wrapped around her, the hood was up outlining the shape of her head. "Y-Yeah..." She answered me. I walked in and shut the door behind me. I sat down next to her and she immediately laid her head down on my lap. I flinched in response but was quick to recover. I rubbed her back with my hand, staying silent. When she wanted to speak she would.

"Thank you." She said

 "For what?" I asked

"For not asking questions...."

I didn't answer back just gave a simple head nod.

"You know," She sighed, "It was my fault...."

I stayed silent still

"If I had gone down and fought back they might still be alive to this day....B-But I was too scared!" Her voice choked up and she hugged herself, wrapping her arms around her self.

I was taken aback by this and I finally spoke in a stern voice, "Alex! You know damn well that's not true! They locked you in their for your safety, they didn't want you to die, and while their actions may have left confused as to why they left you in that room they did it for a good reason. So that you could live!"

Alex had tensed up when I spoke, but she slowly lifted her head up off my lap and looked me in the face, tears streaks showed on her face, her bright purple eyes looking me in the face. I looked back my silver eyes meeting her purple ones. She quickly engulfed me in a hug.

"Ah-" I quickly shut my mouth she didn't need to know that my stab wounds still hurt. She kept hugging me and didn't let go and eventually we both laid down on her bed together, me cuddling her. Alex eventually fell asleep in my arms, I stayed awake looking out the window and contemplating everything that had happened. My family, my friends, my plan. Everything, I now had three lives in my hands, one wrong move and a life could be lost. But I intend to make it out with all three lives intact.

But, I don't even have a plan...I mean all I've said was that I wanted to kill King Rah...but I don't even know how to do that. He has hundred of guards that follow his command and what do I have? Three friends...they may have been best in the school at their particular subject but still. These are highly trained guards were talking about, and we'd need a layout of the castle and the best possible escape routes incase something goes wrong. If I lose my friends too I will never forgive myself.... That's when the front door opened, Vlad and Mason walking inside way too noisy. They both stopped at Alex's door, knocking.

"Come in." I said. The door opened and in walked Mason and Vlad holding hands. "Is everything okay with Alex?" Vlad asked concern showing on his face. I nodded, "But she's sleeping right now, physical, magical, and mental exhaustion. Vlad nodded, "Well Mason and I are going to bed so goodnight." A sly grin found it's way on my face, "Oh really?" Vlad and Mason both blushed, "Were only going to talk, so shush." "Sure....." I said "Goodnight guys." "Night" They both said in unison they both walked out shutting the door behind them quietly.

I repositioned myself so that I could lay my head down onto the pillow without disturbing or waking up Alex. As I laid my head down on the pillow, I thought about how my family would handle themselves in my position. Living in a abandoned cabin, running low on food and water, filthy... I sighed, and cleared my mind, I didn't need any nightmares tonight, I eventually fell asleep only to be woken up by crying.

"Wha-What's the matter?" I asked my voice groggy, I was still tired but I opened my eyes and I could see that Alex had woken up and she crying and holding herself. I immediately woke up, I wrapped my arms around her burying my head into the crook of her shoulder. "Hey, don't cry...nightmare?" She nodded, "I-I, Angeni....I miss them so much...." I nodded, "Yeah, I miss mine too....but their gone and there's nothing we can do about it..." "That's the problem! I'd do anything to just hear their voices again..." She then started crying again burying her head in her knees.

"I'd do anything to see their faces, Alex but we can't. You know, you guys are my family now...and family takes care of each other." I looked up out of the window the stars twinkled in the midnight sky. "You know Alex, you're not weak...you did nothing wrong and I want you to know that....do you understand me? I care about you to much and I don't like seeing you like this."

"Broken and a mess?" She asked, I looked away from her and looked up at the stars, "Were all broken, Alex...."

No more words were said that night but we stayed up watching the stars until eventually we both fell back asleep. No more tears were shed that night in Alex's room but I can't say the same for the room next door.

A/N 1,120 Words....