i

"we're living in a world of madness,
enjoying our self-destruction."

i closed my worn out notebook with a sigh.
i took a sip of my dark coffee and took a look around the diner. people working, people resting. happy people, sad people.

i felt relief flood inside my as the first raindrops hit the window by the door. a lot of people groaned, frustrated, but to me, there was nothing more beautiful than rain in this city.

i drank what was left of my coffee as U.N.I by ed sheeran ran through my ears.

i left the diner and saw people running everywhere, trying to hide from the rain. i walked slowly, letting the rain soak my leather jacket and wet my hair.

i walked for a few minutes until i arrived to my place, a little apartment away from everything.

i may be a person, but i absolutely despise people. they scare me away, with their selfishness and arrogance.

i stood in the middle of nowhere for a while, just taking in the sight in front of me.

i took my polaroid out and snapped a picture, immediately hearing the noise indicating its printing.

i continued walking towards my apartment, kicking off my shoes and letting my jacket fall.

i paused my music and tied my hair in a messy ponytail. left the picture in the table and changed into my pajamas.
brushed my teeth and slid inside the covers.

then, i saw the picture.
my heart stopped for a second and my breath hitched on my throat.

wondering what a curly haired boy was doing there, staring right back at me.