xiii

finding someone who truly understands you had always seemed impossible to me.

we live in a world were looks and appearance is all that matters, even if both can be deceiving.

everyone has different fears, beliefs and morals.

somehow, harry and i engulfed ourselves into a conversation about everything and nothing at the same time. he then asked me about what i feared the most and a lump formed in my throat.

"you know... you're probably expecting an answer like 'heights' or 'spiders'... but that wouldn't be an honest answer, so maybe... maybe you could ask me something else?"

he simply looked at me and said

"if getting to know you is a risk, it's one i'm willing to take."

my heart fluttered at his words, but that still didn't stop me from nervously looking away from him.

"when i was 16 i took a class named relationships for life, in which i learned that most people fall out of love for the same reason they fell in it.

that their lover's once endering stubbornness has now become refusal to compromise and their track mind is now immaturity and their bad habits you once adored are now money down the drain.

their sponteanity becomes reckless and irresponsible and their once cute clingy personalities are now annoying.

nothing scares and saddens me more that the fact that i can become ugly to someone that once thought stars were in my eyes."

i didn't want to look at harry even when i stopped talking. i hated this feeling. the feeling that you've said too much or not enought. the uncertainty that was a part of me as prominent as my physical features.

his hand found mine even if out eyes didn't.

"i'm scared too. terrified, even. and that's okay."

while his answer seemed vague and as uncertain as i was feeling, it somehow was enough.

enough for me to stop overthinking everything.

and i thought that being scared and terrified was okay.
as long as i got to be scared and terrified with him.