05

It is the day of the big baseball game between he Cullen family. Jasper watches me as I change into my cutoff shorts and a pink button up shirt, short sleeved. I pull on a hooded jacket and zip it up half way.

I slide my sneakers in before chasing after Jasper, going downstairs. I see Bella here with Edward. She is in her usual outfit, jeans and a t-shirt and jacket. I smile at her as I snuggle against Jasper.

"Whose ready to play ball?" Carlisle asks. "I just heard the first crack of thunder. Let's head out."

I get in Jasper's car with him before he starts it up. He places his cold hand on my knee as he drives away from the house.

Jasper parks at the side of the road and we get out. I climb on his back and he runs in vampire speed to the clearing. That was amazing! A smile is glued to my face by the time I am on my feet.

"That was amazing!" I squeal.

Jasper laughs at me before jogging up to Carlisle and grabbing a bat. I sit on a tree stump beside Bella.

"I'm staying again tonight and tomorrow, and I'll be home Monday." I tell her.

"Alright, slut...  I mean Jenna." Bella scoffs.

A tear escapes my eye before I go to sit under a tree.

"A human?" I hear a familiar French accent I heard in San Diego. "I thought you were dead when Aro had you."

"Laurent." I am mentally shaking. "Guys!" I run to my vampire friends and boyfriend.

They throw me behind them when Jasper tries to decide between Bella and I. Laurent's eyes are glued to me, filled with hunger.

"James, lets go." Laurent demands.

---

Bella made a scene with dad so we will be able to leave. Rosalie and Alice are being Bella and I to Phoenix, to get away where it is safe. The boys are tracking James. We can't be with them because James knows Edward and Jasper would never leave us.

I get in the car with Rosalie, fear rising more and more every second. Bella is acting brave, she is up front with Alice. I snuggle up to Rosalie, hoping that the fear would die down and bravery would come and replace the fear.

We make it to a hotel in Phoenix. Rosalie and Alice get a room for all for of us. I sit on the bed with Rosalie when Bella gets a call. She motions for me to follow and I am right behind her.

When Rosalie and Alice are distracted, Bella and I sneak out to go to our old ballet studio, where Laurent and James are supposedly holding mom.

It was just an old tape of mom with us here, wen she had us both.

"Y'all were stubborn children." Lauren says in his thick French accent. "Jenna, I want you. James here wants dear Bella."

Right as he bites my wrist, Jasper throws him across the room. James has bitten Bella. Carlisle sits between us.

"Rose! Edward!" He calls. "I need y'all! Now!"

Rosalie is by my side almost instantly.

"Sick he venom out, you two." Carlisle yells. "It's killing them."

I am seeing black before Rosalie hesitantly bites in, she is scared she won't be able to stop. I am confident in Rosalie.

"I know you can stop, Rose." I croak. "I believe in you."

Rose stops when the venom is out and she stares at me. "I wouldn't have been able to stop if your words hadn't been echoing through my head. That you believe in me."

"I'm weak, Rosalie." I whisper.

"You lost a lot of blood when James threw you." Rosalie tells me. "I am taking you to the hospital with Jasper. Edward and Alice are taking Bella."

Rosalie lifts me up and follows Jasper out to his car. Jasper is calling mom and dad, for both Bella and myself. Rosalie puts me in back, and Jasper joins me, tossing Rosalie the keys to his car.

Jasper carries me into the hospital and they take me to a room immediately, allowing Rosalie to come back because she told them she was my sister. I love Rosalie like a sister. Bella is close to Alice, and I am close with Rosalie, have been since day one.

Rosalie is in the chair beside my bed, awake of course, when my mother walks in. She smiles at me, knowing I'm alright.

"Bella is fine, Jenna."

Of course, the checked on Bella first. Janae was the sister in law who hated her and the woman who raised me. I nod and I notice Rosalie ole her eyes, she was pretending to sleep.

"Oh, hello Rene." Rosalie says. "I'm Jenna's best friend, Rosalie Hale."

"Hi, Rosalie." Mom says in a monotone. "In gonna go back to Bella's room." Then she leaves.

"She loves Bella more because that's who she raised. My dad's sister, Janae Swan, raised me and still hates my guts." I tell all this to Rosalie.

Jasper walks in the room and sits by the window. These two are the people who keep me up and happy now that I am in Forks.

"Your mother begged Bella to go to Jacksonville; Bella said no." Alice says, entering my room.

"We are throwing you two a birthday party on Friday." Rosalie says.

I sigh. "I am only turning 18."

"Says the one who still ages." Jasper grumbles from across the room.

I laugh at him and I grow tired. Jasper walks over and wraps the blanket around me before kissing my ear. He goes back to his spot across the room. I close my eyes and let sleep evade my mind.