8:Painting

"How many!?"

"At least 100. More would be even better"

"I can't make 100 portraits"

The next day of school I walked into the music room. Kyoya said he needed to speak with me, he told me what I was supposed to do. He said I was supposed to make at least 100 portraits of the Host club. Yeah, like that's happening.

"No. Impossible"

"The guests have already put in orders for the portraits. It would be a shame to disappoint them"

I cross my arms glaring at him. "I'll make one. Photocopy it"

"Alright, but it needs to be spot on. No detail can be missed"

"I know"

Everyone gathers around on one of the red sofas. I make sure they're all in the right spot and look their best. I get out my paints and start painting. After two hours I'm finished.

"Wow, it's just like when you made our costumes. It's perfect"

"Thanks Haruhi" I say with a smile

"Even the eyes look realistic"

"It's like they're following you" the twins comment.

"Beautiful work. Now, I will take that out of your hands and create more copies. The guests will love this"

Kyoya takes the painting from my hand and walks away somewhere with it. The rest of us just hang out. I talk to Haruhi while waiting for Kyoya to get back, since he is the one giving me the jobs.

"So, what was going on between you and Tamaki at the beach?" I whisper

"You know I'm afraid of thunder. He used the earplugs to block out the sound and the blindfold to block out the lighting"

"Aww, how sweet"

"Yeah yeah, anyway, what happened to you after you passed out?"

"I woke up to the storm and tried to find you. I wanted to see if you were okay, knowing about your fear. But I ran into Kyoya. He told me something about not wanting anything to happen to either one of us" recently I've been more comfortable around Haruhi, so I've been more open.

"So he didn't agree with what me and you did to save the girls either"

I shake my head. "No, and... well, then I just got some food after missing dinner"

"I see. Did anything happen between you and Kyoya?"

"No". She doesn't need to know that he tried to show me what would've happened if the men got their hands on me. I'll just keep that to myself, it isn't very important anyways.

***

Kyoya got back about an hour later, empty handed. He told us he copied the painting and sold 200 copies. Wow, I'm glad I didn't have to make 200 copies. My hand would be dead by the 20th painting.

"Dawn may I have a word with you?"

I follow him to a quieter area of the room.

"Would you be able to create single portraits of the Host club?"

"Yeah, it will take a while"

"Alright. I want one of each member. Tamaki will be first"

"Ok"

***

5 hours later I'm finished 6 out of 7. I had less detail in these pictures but they turned out the same as the group painting. Now Kyoya is the only one left for me to paint. Almost done. Kyoya gets in position for his portrait and starts talking.

"You seem to always be very focused on everything you do"

"How so?"

"You concentrate, a lot. You never take your eyes off of the painting, unless looking at the model. You never let anything bother you, I'm surprised the twins haven't driven you away by now"

I giggle a little. "I just enjoy doing this. Plus it's easy for me to focus my mind on one thing"

"Is that why you always put so much detail into all your designs?"

"Yes"

"When did you start all your activities?"

"I was young. They were interesting to me. They still never cease to amaze me with what they can become. Anyway I'm all done"

I pack up my supplies. Kyoya comes around and looks at the painting. I stand back and look at it with him. I notice something I painted in the eyes. They seemed to have a certain emotion behind them. I look over at Kyoya to see if I could find it, but it was gone.

Why did he have that look in his eyes? I only paint what I see, so I know this is real. What does it mean?