Yes Boss!- 2

Chapter 2: In which she is hired

"WHAT THE HELL!"

"NATTY POOH!"

"Excuse me?"

All I could do was point an accusing finger at him with my mouth hanging open like a gaping goldfish, while his familiar blue eyes swam with confusion and anger.

"May I know why you just decided to spit coffee on my face, Miss...?" Nathan Synclair looked at me in anger and I could tell that he was about to explode at any given moment, but that wasn't my primary concern.

"Tresscot," I seemed to have finally found my voice. So I cleared my throat and tried again. "Elena Tresscot."

"And you're calling me by that ridiculous name because...? Wait..." Realization finally dawned in his eyes as he looked at me properly from head to toe. "Nerdy Elle?"

"Finally! And don't call me that!" I scowled.

"Then stop calling me by that God awful name!" He shuddered in horror.

I looked at him properly for the first time since I had entered the room. He looked exactly the same as he had in high school but some things were different. He no longer had that boyish charm and chubby cheeks; instead he was more chiseled and drop dead gorgeous as ever. His jet black hair was cut short unlike in high school where it used to be longer with an emo fringe. The muscles that he'd developed from playing soccer were still there, if not better than ever. I could see the bulges through the fitted blue shirt that he was wearing and those looked pretty darn good. His grey jacket was thrown carelessly on one hand of his chair and as I'd expected, he had a laptop on his lap that he placed neatly on the table to prevent any spillage of coffee onto it. But his once vibrant blue eyes were now hard with knowledge, with having to grow up too soon and instead of a smile, his face was tilted downwards in a frown.

I realized that just as I had been checking him out, he was doing the same with me as well. When our eyes finally met, something happened inside me. A sudden sensation I had no name for, but I brushed it off as surprise. It's not every day that your would-be-boss turns out to be a fellow high school student.

"So what happened to Marissa? Got married yet?" I asked, amused, totally dissing the interview in favor of a little chit chat.

"Mary-who?" He sounded genuinely confused which led my mouth gaping open once again.

"Seriously? You remember the nickname she gave you but you don't remember the woman herself? I thought you guys would be married by now with at least with 5 kids by the way you guys used to fuck!" I said stunned.

"I really don't want to remember all that. But how come the nerdy nummy of our class changed so much?" Nathan asked with a raised eyebrow.

"College happened." I stated matter of factly and shivered in the cool air.

Nathan finally looked at me closely and took in my drenched state. "Why haven't you changed into something warm? Don't you have a spare dress in your bag or something?" He asked confused.

"Oh no. That was Tiffany," I state deadpan.

"And how come you still remember everyone's names?" He asked with a scowl.

"Well...it's safer to always remember your bullies. It makes revenge all that much sweeter." I said with a smirk.

"And that is not creepy at all," he said while shaking his head. "Right now I'm sending you home. I'll call my driver; I still have work to do so I can't see you off. But you need to get home and change out of those clothes or you'll catch pneumonia," he said as he took out his phone and dialed a number.