/1\

"How long do we have to keep him chained up?" Scarlett asked worriedly.

Clev glanced back at his crouched form, head drooped and shoulders slumped. "As long as it takes for him to learn how to control it."

Scarlett chewed absentmindedly on her bottom lip, "Do you know if he's conscious?"

"I don't think so. They beat him up pretty good earlier." Clev scratched his beard thoughtfully.

"What do we do with him?" Scarlett asked after a brief pause.

"The boss will have to decide that, Scarlett. But until he has his 'problem' under control, he'll have to stay here." Clev paused, "Anyway, I have another job to do. Just send for another guard if he wakes up." With that, Clev left the dark room, clicking the door shut.

Scarlett glared darkly at the closed door, "Fine. Just leave me alone to watch over some unconscious man." She muttered angrily.

Just then, a quiet groan elicited from the chained up man. Scarlett whirled around to face the man, involuntarily taking a step back. He moved slightly, his chains clanking noisily. His eyes tightly shut as he tried to shut out the pain that filled his body. Scarlett swallowed nervously and kept quiet.

"Why are you doing this?" The man surprised Scarlett by asking.

"Wait, what?" Scarlett asked, startled

"Why are you keeping me here?" He croaked.

"Uh..." Scarlett hesitated, staring at the figure chained up. She wasn't exactly sure the extent of what he could do, but she was sure it wasn't good. The man slowly looked up into Scarlett's eyes with his own pain filled ones, waiting for an answer.

Scarlett looked away abruptly to avoid any more eye contact. Walking briskly to the door, she opened it and called for a guard.

A guard came over, "Is there anything you need?"

Scarlett nodded, "The prisoner is awake."

The guard raised an eyebrow, "And?"

"Well, go get Clev!" Scarlett ordered.

The guard rolled his eyes, "Whatever." Walking away, he went to fetch Clev.

Scarlett went back into the room with the prisoner to wait for Clev.

Not a minute later, Clev stalked in the room, the guard following him. "So he's awake, eh?" Clev said, grinning slightly. He turned to Scarlett, "Has he said anything?"

Scarlett shook her head, "Nothing really."

Clev motioned the guard nearer. "Hold his head up." He ordered. The guard obeyed and held the prisoner's head up to face Clev.

Angrily, the man yanked his head out of the guard's grasp, "Don't touch me." He growled.

The guard raised an eyebrow, "I'm not the one in chains so I'll do as I please." He took a firmer hold on the man's head and kept it in place. The man groaned in pain.

Clev chuckled, "Drayce, do you know why you are here?" He addressed the prisoner.

Drayce, the prisoner, looked confused, "Huh? Why are you asking me?" He snapped fiercely.

Clev nodded to the guard, not liking Drayce's response.

The guard, Travis, sent a hard blow to Drayce's jaw, "Answer the question." He ordered.

Drayce grunted, "I can't, stupid."

Clev looked like he didn't believe him, "Oh really? Don't tell me the boys hit you too hard now."