/10\

A shot rang out and the bullet struck Scarlett. She gasped as a wave of pain struck her, "Drayce," she gasped, "Get out of here!"

Drayce managed to get on his hands and knees, dizzy and unaware of his surroundings.

Clev walked over to him and kicked his side, causing him to topple back over. Anger surged through Scarlett and she staggered to her feet.

"Leave him alone, Clev." She ordered, clutching her wound.

Clev smirked and kicked him again eliciting a moan from Drayce who was too weak to defend himself. "Oh, you mean don't do this?" He taunted.

"Your fight is with me." Scarlett ground out, glaring at him.

"But this is so much fun." He drew out, kicking Drayce after each word.

Scarlett lunged at Clev, swinging a clumsy fist at him. He easily slid to the left and grabbed her hair, yanking her backwards. "You're too weak, Scarlett. You are no match for me." He sneered in her ear.

Scarlett cried out in pain and slammed down on his foot with her heel with as much power as she could muster. He yelled and stepped back, letting go of her hair to regain his balance.

Instead of fighting back, Clev dashed over to the door. He raised his gun and shot the control panel on the door, causing it to begin to close. Quickly, he slipped out of the room as the heavy door finished closing, leaving Scarlett and Drayce trapped.

Scarlett slid to the floor with a weak cry. "No." She whispered, still clutching at the bullet wound which had entered her stomach.

Drayce groaned and rolled over onto his other side so he could see Scarlett. "I'm...sorry." He gasped out.

"Not your fault." Scarlett sighed and scooted to a nearby wall, leaning against it. 'Never thought it would end this way.' She thought before slipping into unconsciousness.

When she awoke an unknown amount of time later, she opened her eyes to Drayce bending over her stomach.

She jerked up into a sitting postion, looking around, confused, before realizing where she was, and what had just happened. Her shoulders sagged slightly.

Drayce sat back on his heels, watching her tiredly. "I patched you up a bit." He said.

A look of confusion crossed Scarlett's face, "Why?"

"Did you not want me to?" He asked, a look of annoyance crossing his worn features.

"I just...well, I didn't think you would. I mean, after all I did to you."

"But it wouldn't make me any better to just let you die." Drayce pointed out.

"Well, you would get revenge." Scarlett bit her lip, "But, thank you." She smiled gratefully.

"Revenge gains me nothing." He muttered, "And you don't need to thank me." He added.

Scarlett decided to drop the subject and they sat in silence for a moment before Scarlett asked, "Do you think you could use your power again?"

Immediately, Drayce sighed. "I can't control when it happens. It just does." He admitted.

"Well," Scarlett said slowly, thinking it through, "You can use it when you're angry. So maybe you can use it when you're feeling strong emotion?" She suggested, "So try thinking of your family. Your friends. Think of how you may never see them again. Then try using it."

"Yah, I don't think so." Drayce muttered.

"Why not?" Scarlett insisted.

"Because I don't have any family or friends, Scarlett."