A Fimiliar Voice

"Hello." Said a soft voice.

Eden tried to sit up but failed wincing and  falling back into the bed or whatever she was on, she couldn't tell. Her head hurt like a bitch and her lip was burning which she figured was busted.

"Where am I? And why does my head feel like it's about to fall off. " Eden asked eager to know her where about's and about the pain in her head.

"Your in a hospital sweaty and you have a concussion from a blow to the head. Do you know your name?" Asked the lady who Eden now assumed was a nurse. The women had brown hair with a very short pixie cut style, she was wearing a matching blue color shirt and pants. Eden noticed her  putting something in her IV but didn't think to ask.

"Eden, Eden Hunt. Where's Lana and how did I get here?" She asked starting to register her surroundings a little bit more as she did. She was in a medium sized room drenched in white. There was a chair to her left and multiple machines to her right. One that keep beeping that was driving her crazy,  but she knew the reasoning for it and in a weird way it sort of comforted her.

"Yes Lana is here too and the police found you. You were both locked in a room and you were beat up pretty badly. The police are outside and would like to speak with you if you feel up to it?"

"Yes please tell them to come in."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

"Hi Ms. Hunt Im Officer Bethea and this is Officer Fitzpatrick." The women said pointing to the man on the other side of the room who was keeping his distance for obvious reasons.

"Hi where is Lana, is she ok?" Eden asked quickly. She was worried about her friend she couldn't quite remember how she got to the hospital.

"She's in surgery right now she had some pretty bad injuries. We wanted to let you know that we caught the man who did this. He had, had a history of sexual assault." Said Officer Bethea.

"Um, ok well can you tell me how long I was in there I don't really know we stopped counting. And where my parents? Did you call them?" Eden said quickly she was still in shock,she was having horrible anxiety and she didn't know if it was because of just waking up in the hospital or because of the male in the room.

"You and Mrs. Parrillia were their for around three years." She said the empathy clear. "And about you parents I'm sorry to inform you but about a year ago you mom and dad both passed away. I'm very sorry for your loss." She said answering her second question.

"Ok." Was all Eden could mange out. She wanted to cry, yell, scream, kick, but for some reason she couldn't. She wasn't incapable of feeling but for whatever reason she didn't really feel anything right now. Void of any emotion she asked. "When can u see Lana? If she's in surgery I need to be there waiting for her to get back."

The officer looked at the younger girl with pity and said. "I'm sorry but I don't know if you can go anywhere in the condition your in."

"Ok well if that all you can leave." She said clearly but not mean. She wanted them to leave as fast as they could because she didn't really care what anyone said their was no way that she wasn't going to find Lana. The only way she wasn't getting to her was if they physically restrained her.

Once the policemen left Eden sat up wincing as she did. She believed she had broken a few ribs, it had happened before and felt very similar to this. She somehow made it out of the bed without falling. She realized as she was leaving that she was still hooked up to all of the machines.
She was able to get her IV from around all the other machines and just took some of the sticky things from her chest and she was on her way. She checked both way while walking out of the room not wanted her nurse of the police to see her and take her back.

She roamed for a while until she found the board that had all the floors and where each different department were, she found surgery and looked for the elevators.

Once on the 4th(surgery) floor she made her way to the front desk.

"Hi I was wondering if their was a Lana Parrilia in surgery?" Eden said in her best innocent voice. She wasn't really doing anything bad but she wasn't suppose to leave her room. "I'm her daughter." She added on to make it seem more convincing.

"Lana doesn't have a daughter." Said a familiar but all together unfamiliar voice from behind Eden

"And how the fuck would yo-" Eden stopped mid sentence, because when she turned her head around she saw Jared Gilmore.

~ 849 words ~ I'm impressed with myself. I'm gonna try and make all my chapters this long if not longer. Also, 3 years😳 that's a really long time. A lot has changed so I guess well figure it out. Sorry I took forever to post I had the chapter written like last week but I had to edit it and my week has been hella busy 😁, but it should be slowing down next week and so ill try to post again. Love  you all💋

Comment your thoughts on this chapter or the book in general and if you liked it vote.🙌🏼