Terminus part 2

They didn't know how much time had passed, and it left them feeling even more vulnerable. After Eugene had reported back to them that he couldn't find a new exit strategy and their only hope was the wood Glenn was still working on and the nail Rosita now had clenched in her fist, they prepared for the worst. Abraham and Sasha stood on either side of the door which they knew had to open eventually, and Nora felt useless there, but better after Maggie had went and reassured her that there's not much any of them could do in here. These people at Terminus had a nice set up for a trap, she gave them that. But she was still at a loss for why they needed them. They already had their weapons, they could have just killed them all right there, but instead they took their time to get them in here.

    A booming noise coursed through the train car and they all jumped, alert. Abraham was already in a fighting stance when a small panel in the roof above Nora opened,casting down blinding light. Nora didn't see what was thrown down,but heard it clatter on the ground near her.

    "Get down!" Abraham thundered.

    Nora followed his command blindly and covered her head with her arms, quickly dropping to the ground.Through her arms, she saw smoke pouring out of the object, and just as she saw this, her throat started aching and she was sent into acoughing fit. Her eyes watering, she slowly tried to find other people in her group, but the smoke made them nearly invisible. She kept one arm over her and used the other trying to reach out to anyone. An arm grasped hers and she immediately felt comfort at this small contact.

    "Nora," someone wheezed. She looked towards where the hand had come from and saw Glenn's faint figure through the white mist enveloping the small space.

    "Glenn," she coughed, grabbing his hand in a tighter hold. He used his free hand to grasp around for Maggie when the door slammed open. As if the fog wasn't enough, the sun sent her into a white daze. She now couldn't even see her own hand out in front of her.

    She felt movement around her, "how many does he want again?"

    A gruff voice answered this stranger,"five for now."

    Her eyes were trying their hardest to adjust, and she saw a glimpse of that man, Rick, being knocked out onthe ground. Her breathing became quicker, and Glenn's arm was ripped away from hers. Grunts and slams reached her ears, and she figured that had to be Abraham putting up a fight.

    "How many you got?"

    "Three, and we've got that blonde guy from that other one."

    "Okay, grab one more, then let's get moving."

    Just seconds later, she felt the man lift her up from the ground and swing her over his shoulder as if she weighed nothing. To be fair, she was small though. The man carried her out of the train car and she looked back at it, catching sight of Abraham by the door, blood running down a cut from his head.

    "Abraham!" she struggled, grunting as she hit the mans back.

    Abe looked up and right as he grasped the wall and stood up, determination in his eyes, one of the men fromTerminus slammed the door shut.   

    "Shit," she whispered, her chance at help gone in an instant.

    She looked up to see who else wastaken. Looked like Rick, that redneck guy, Glenn, and herself. The blonde that those guys had talked about appeared to already be wherever they were headed towards.

    "You got four others?" she heard a familiar voice ask.

    "Yep, was gonna take that ginger too but he was putting up too much of a fight."