11

February 14, 2011

The night wasn't over, and I somehow found myself standing outside Hoseok's door.

On my hand were strawberry cake and roses.

I sighed as I recalled what Ailee exactly told me.

"I don't like him that way, what should I do?" She asked, staring at the Valentines gifts Hoseok gave her.

She was on her bed playing with her gadget while I was busy doing my homework.

Without thinking much about what I should say, I responded, "Reject him."

"Is that right? Then Boksung, please return these to him for me? I can't really face him right now," her lips were curved into a pout as she begged me to say yes.

It would be inconsiderate for me to refuse her request, right? Now that I thought about it, she have always taken care of me. Doing her a favor may be the least I can do.

"Okay."

So I rang the doorbell and waited for someone to open it.

Unsurprisingly, Hoseok came out. His eyes looked at me for a second and then it travelled behind me.

He must be looking for Ailee.

"She's not with me," I said.

When he heard, he glanced at me with his narrow eyes that were literally asking what I'm here for.

I raised the items on my hands, enough for him to notice, "Ailee... doesn't feel the same way for you. She asked me to give this back."

His forehead creased and he tilted his head down, showing me how dejected he felt. He didn't bother saying anything.

I put the cake and roses in his hands, trying not to mind the sorrowful expression on his face.

"I'll get going, then," I said before turning my back on him.

My hands were getting wetter and by then, I knew that it was my conscience which started to haunt me as soon as I turned my back on Hoseok.

Before I was too late, I decided to do what the back of my head was whispering me to do.

I halted on my steps and faced the boy's direction.

"Hoseok," I called him, feeling my heartbeat getting hyper. I swiftly wiped my palms to my pajamas, hoping that somehow it would make me feel less nervous.

Fortunate enough, I caught his attention. He seemed to wonder why I called him.

I breathed heavily before saying, "You're... h-handsome, okay? You don't lack in anything. Y-you see, my sister doesn't know how to choose guys very well... so... so d-don't let yourself down, too much. My sister has absolutely no idea what she's missing."

Despite of the cold weather, I felt my face get hot because of embarrassment. I never thought I would have the guts to say things like that. But it's okay, I wanted to comfort Hoseok somehow.

When he didn't reply, I walked away.

Until I heard him call me.

"Boksung,"

Out of wonder, I looked back at him and I noticed how the tip of his lip curved a little upwards.

"Happy birthday,"

and the smile he gave me was more than enough as a birthday present.