Knuckles x reader

(A/N: not familiar with his personality as well, so if he's out of character sorry)

I had to force myself not to look at him while he lifted weights. Knuckles was lifting weights outside and I was trying to enjoy the fresh air. Problem was I couldn't stop looking at him and daydreaming. It was a bit of a problem. I had a book in my lap and I tried to focus on the words on the page, taking a sip of my drink.  I looked at Knuckles again and watched him for a while. He was counting under his breath, and he looked incredibly sexy while he was lifting weights. I accidentally inhaled my drink and started to cough. I quickly placed my drink down and tried to control my breathing. My book fell out of my lap and I placed my hand on my chest. Someone started to pat my back a little bit and my coughing wasn't as bad.

"You ok, Y/N," Knuckles asked, sitting on my lawn chair.

I was small so the two of us could fit on the lawn chair. I nodded in response to his question and he patted my back a little bit again. When I finally stopped coughing, I gave him a reassuring smile.

"Thank you," I said.

"Of course, Y/N. Just try not to inhale your drink ok," he said.

I laughed and nodded my head. He laughed with me and put one of his legs up on the lawn chair.

"We haven't talked in a while, how have you been," Knuckles asked.

"I've been good. I nearly killed myself a minute ago, but good," I said, laughing again.

He laughed as well. We talked for a while until Amy and Sticks ran over to us.

"Hey, Y/N, Knuckles, we're going to be hosting a beach party, do you guys mind helping us set up," Amy asked.

"Yeah, sure," Knuckles said, standing.

I nodded and was about to stand up when I saw my book. I picked it up and placed it on the lawn chair. I looked up and there was a hand in front of me. I looked up at Knuckles and took his hand. He pulled me up and we ran over to the others to help decorate.

~Time Skip~

I was talking to Sticks and a few other people. The party was good so far, even Eggman showed up to the party, as well as Shadow. I was in a (Fav/Col.)(bikini/one piece) and was having some fun, but I was also a bit upset. A lot of girls at the party were flirting with Knuckles. Sonic was able to avoid these girls, and was hanging out with Amy, but now Knuckles was surrounded by them. He was showing them his muscles and everything. Sticks ran off to go get Tails out of a tree and I was left alone. I sighed and walked over to the drinks table.

'And this is why I don't go to parties with the others,' I thought to myself, getting a drink.

I walked off a little bit and sat down in the sand. I looked at the waves for a while. Someone walked over to me and I looked up at them.

"Hello Shadow," I said.

"Hey. What are you doing by yourself," he asked, looking down at me.

"Just watching the wave," I replied, tilting my head at the water.

"I see. Can I join you," he asked.

I nodded and he sat down next to me. We stayed silent for a moment and I stared at the waves. There was a loud squeal and we looked at the party. Knuckles was lifting a girl up by one arm. I immediately looked away and looked at the waves again. Shadow turned around and noticed my sudden mood change.

"You like him," he asked.

"Yes," I replied, stirring my drink.

"Then you should tell him," Shadow said, standing up.

"He's a bit busy at the moment," I replied, looking at the girls around Knuckles.

"Those girls don't matter, Y/N, but you're right, you can't say anything to him when he's swarmed by them," Shadow said, looking at me, "You'll get your chance. Trust me."

I nodded and looked at my feet. Shadow turned around and was about to head back to the party, but he looked at me over his shoulder.

"He likes you, if that helps," he said.

He started to walk away and I watched him in shock. I let his words sink into my mind and my eyes widened again.

'Was Shadow giving me advice!? What just happened,' I thought to myself.

I shook my head and carefully put my drink in the sand. I walked out into the water until the water came to my mid thigh. I had to wait for my body to adjust to the cold water and I heard more shouts behind me. I turned around and saw that something was happening on the dancefloor that everyone was watching. I was about to turn back around but I saw Knuckles looking at me from the shore. I waved at him and smiled. He waved back and smiled. I turned back around and stared out at the water. Knuckles was soon standing next to me in the water.

"What are you doing," he asked, looking at me.

"Looking at the water," I replied, looking at him.

He smiled at me again and grabbed my hands. He pulled me further into the water. My body still wasn't adjusted to the water so I was taking in deep breaths to make up for it. Knuckles noticed and chuckled a little bit. The water was to above my waist a bit and Knuckles stopped. I was taking really deep breaths to try and heat up my body. He was in the same boat but not for long.

"Are you cold," he asked.

"Yep," I replied, keeping my arms out of the water.

"Are you going to try to go back to shore," he asked.

"Nope," I replied, shaking my head.

After a few minutes, I shook my head and took in a really deep breath.

"Nope, I can't do it," I said, about to turn to go to shore.

"Yes, you can," Knuckles said, grabbing my arms.

He pulled me closer to him and placed my arms on his shoulders. He placed his hands on my waist. He took in deep breath since he put his arms in the water and I smiled at him. The music from the party was playing loud enough for us to hear and soon we were dancing as best as we could in the water. I laughed as we were trying to dance in water and he laughed with me.

"Can I ask you something," he said.

"Sure," I replied.

"Do you like me," he asked.

My eyes widened and I looked up at him. He looked down at me with nervousness in his eyes.

"Y-yes, I-I do," I replied, looking away from him.

"Why didn't you tell me," Knuckles asked, tilting his head.

"You had girls all around you, checking out your muscles and flirting with you. How could I," I asked.

He was silent for a moment and I started to regret what I said. Knuckles then chuckled a bit and I looked up at him.

"Want to know something they can't experience," he asked.

"What," I asked.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and I could feel his muscles around press against my sides. I gasped slightly and held my breath.

"They can't get a hug from me. Only you can," he replied, tilting his head so he was looking into my eyes.

I didn't stop myself and I kissed him. He didn't hesitate to kiss me back. We kissed for a while and pulled away when we heard cheering. We both looked at the shore and saw everyone cheering. I saw Shadow and he raised his glass. The two of us laughed as we started to get out of the water, Knuckles picking me up and carrying me bridal style.