Shadow X Pregnant Reader

I sat on the ground in my room, my leg bouncing as I stared at the stick I threw across the room. Shadow and I had been married for a year and have been together for 3 years. He finally got a vacation from work and it was our anniversary. It's been about a month since then and lately, I've been acting strange. Rouge had made the joke that I was pregnant and it turned out to be true. I got up and grabbed the pregnancy with shaky hands. I put it in my underwear drawer and then closed the drawer again. I paced around the room for a moment. 

'Shadow and I never talked about kids. Hell, I don't even know if he likes kids,' I thought.

I stood still for a moment thinking about my situation. Thoughts were racing through my mind and couldn't keep one down for long before another one would run in. While I was thinking, hands gently grabbed my hips.

"What are you thinking so hard about," a voice asked.

I screamed and moved quickly out of the person's reach. Shadow chuckled and I sighed in relief.

"Must you," I asked, taking deep breaths.

"You need to stay on your toes, Y/n. I don't want you to get hurt," he replied, earning a small glare from me.

I put my hands on my hips and sighed a little bit. Shadow was just staring at me with his eyebrows raised.

"Well, are you gonna answer my question," he asked.

"Hm? Oh, I was overthinking dinner," I lied.

He gave me questioning look. I sighed again and rubbed the back of my neck. 

"Is something bothering you," he asked.

I shook my head and looked down at the floor. Suddenly, I was lifted off the floor. Shadow had teleported over to me and picked me up. I looked up as Shadow held me up by my legs. He was hugging me so I couldn't see him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and we stayed like that for a while. He pulled away and looked at me. His hands gently squeezed back of my thighs causing me to giggle. He smirked at me and I placed my hands on his chest. He buried his face in my neck and I started to play with his back quills.

"I have an idea," he said, "I'll worry about dinner while you take a bath to relax."

I nodded immediately and he kissed my neck. He carried me to the bathroom and sat me down on the toilet. Shadow got my bath ready and then left to make dinner. I relaxed in the tub for about 30 minutes before getting out and wrapping a towel around myself. Shadow walked in and wrapped his arms carefully around my waist.

"How is it," he asked.

"What," I replied.

"The baby," he asked, causing me to freeze.

"I'm talking about Amy's baby," he said.

"Oh, um, I don't know. Haven't talked to her in a few days," I replied.

He nodded and left the bathroom. I fixed my (quills/hair) before leaving the bathroom as well. I froze when I saw Shadow holding my pregnancy test.

"I was going to grab your clothes and...Y/n...you're pregnant," Shadow asked.

I couldn't speak so I nodded. He looked at me as I opened my mouth to say something. He slowly walked over to me as I just stood there stuttering. He kissed me and seemed to smile into the kiss. He pulled away and hugged me.

"I'm gonna be a father," he said.

I let out a sigh and hugged him back. 

~Time Skip~

I was watching a movie with our 2 year old daughter while Shadow cuddled with us. He had his arms wrapped around us both and would tickle our daughter every once in a while until she fell asleep. I snuggled into him a little bit before getting up and carrying (daughter/name) to her room. When I came back downstairs, Shadow had turned the movie and turned to look at me. He walked over to me and placed his hands on my hips. I let out a small yawn earning a small chuckle from him.

"Tired," he asked.

I nodded and he lifted me up. I giggled as he carried us to our room. He set me down on before walking over to the dresser and paused. I rested my head on my hand and smiled at him. He picked up the recent pregnancy test and stared at it for a moment.

"You're...," he trailed off, looking at me.

My smile grew as I nodded. Shadow walked over to the bed rather quickly and crawled over to me. We kissed for a moment before he pulled away and carefully wrapped his arms around me. 

"I love you Y/n," he said.

"I love you too," I replied.

~Shadow seems out of character, so sorry if he is~