Chapter 2

Chapter 2

*Eve's POV*

I woke up with a beam of light from the window lying across my face. I blinked a couple of times until the blurriness of my vision vanished.

I sat up and smoothed down my untamable hair. It is always tangly in the morning because of the curls. I went to the bathroom to get ready. Today is Saturday, which means adventure day.

Saturdays are the only days that my parents let me explore part of the island by myself.

I put my hair up into a high pony tail and put on my boots. I was sooo excited! I grabbed my sketchbook and opened the door.

I ran out of my tent and started to head off into the trees.

"Where do you think you are going?" I turned around I see my father standing there with his arms crossed. He had one of his eyebrows raised.

"I was uh going to go exploring." I said while putting my arms behind my back, trying to hide my sketchbook.

"Remember to eat breakfast, and say hi to your mom!"

He said this while I ran past him and into the tent where my mom was making pancakes.

"Good morning sweetie." She gave me a hug.

She wouldn't stop talking for about 5 minutes.

I started bouncing up and down, growing impatience.

"Oh right sorry, I talk to much, go have fun but be careful. Be back in three hours!"

I grabbed two pancakes and ran out the door. Finally! I get some time alone!

*Jackie's POV*

I watched Eve run off into the forest. I always worry about her, even though I know she will be fine. I started to clean up the pots and I looked down at me reflection. I looked pretty different. I don't like looking old, well I mean being 30 isn't bad but I'm not supposed to get older on Neverland.
Peter casted a spell on Eve so that Neverland doesn't affect her age and growing rate.

I heard a snap of Peter's fingers and I turned to see him. He was young again, and so cute. I looked toward my reflection and saw that I was my normal 17 year old self. I ran to him and gave him a hug.

"I miss us being like this."

"Me too, but don't worry, when Eve is older and can understand everything, we can be like this all the time."

"Good," I say as I cuddle into his chest.

"We just have to make sure we change back before she arrives. What time did you tell her to come back?"

"In three hours." I said.

"Do you want to go flying?"

He already knew the answer to that.

We both ran outside and it seemed like we were being lifted off of the ground. I learned a spell that would make me fly without using pixie dust, so I guess that helped.

We flew over the trees on the opposite side of the island. Peter and I flew to the skull cave and just talked about what to do with Eve and her powers.

We decided to wait just a little but longer until we told her the truth.

*Eve's POV*

I was running pretty far into the woods until I reached the line. When I was younger, my parents had me paint a lot of rocks and they used them to create this barrier. It hasn't even been an hour yet, so maybe it wouldn't kill me to cross it.

I looked around to see if they were watching, then I put my foot over.

I began to wander this new area. It practically looked the same. I found a tree that curved in a little, so I leaned up against it and pulled out my sketchbook. I have a lot of sketches of shadows and blackish purple clouds. I wonder what that is supposed to mean.

I looked around for inspiration to draw something. I spotted a small cave that looked fun to explore. I got up and peaked inside of it. I whipped my head back around. I saw something in there. I peaked again and saw a floating blue light. What is that?

I opened my satchel to see if there was anything I could use to catch this creature, but I didn't have anything.

So, I opened my bag as wide as I could, grabbed it, and shoved it into my back. It kept trying to fight back but I closed the zipper on the tiny creature.

Eventually, the shaking in my bag died down. I should be getting back to the camp soon, so I decided to sprint for it.

When I got back, I saw my mother there, waiting impatiently.

When she saw me, she stood up and gave me a big hug.

"Don't you ever scare me like that," she pulled away, "why are you so late?!?"

"Uhhh I got lost in thought." I felt my bag moving. I tried to hold it still but it wouldn't stop.

"Ok well dinner is in the-"

"To be honest I'm not that hungry." I lied, I was starving. "I am really tired so I'm going to go to bed. goodnight and tell Dad that I said goodnight too."

She looked at me confused, but I didn't care. I ran into my tent and closed the door.

I got a big transparent jar and opened the lid. I punctured many holes into its king sure that the unidentified creature could breathe. I put the top of my bag to the opening of the jar and unzipped it. The blue light flew right out of the bad and hit the bottom of the jar really hard. This knocked the poor creature right out.

The shimmering light began to dim, revealing a small little human with wings.

"A fairy?" I gasped and whispered at the same time.

I pulled out my sketchbook and flipped it open to a certain page. I compared the drawing and the fairy, and they look very similar. I heard footsteps coming so I slid the jar under my bed, making sure the comforter was hanging off the side. I grabbed a book and sat in my chair really fast.

My father came in.

"Hello father."

"You don't get to go to bed that easy. Give your old man a hug." he said, opening his arms.

I got up and rolled my eyes in a playful way.

"Good night dearie."

"Goodnight Papa."

He walked away and turned off the light. I went straight to me bed, hoping he wouldn't notice the glowing blue light underneath me.

He turned back around and looked at me before exiting. Oh my god he knew, I'm dead!

He blew me a kiss and walked out.

I let out a deep sigh and fell back onto my pillows.

That was close....