Chapter 8

Chapter 8

*Eve's POV*

I woke up that morning very early. We have been stopped at some land for a couple of days. I decided that I should cook a meal for the pirates, we are a little tired of soup and bread.

I was in the market place picking out what I wanted to cook. Maybe steak and potatoes? Guys like that, right?

I was saw a stack of potatoes. Perfect! I saw a sign that said each potato was 2 pounds each. That was a problem because I couldn't afford a lot, but hey! I'm a pirate. I steal things, that's my job.

When the merchant wasn't looking, I put some of them into my coat and in my big hat. I went up to the merchant and gave him the most I had. He dropped one of my coins and looked at it.

"Anything wrong?" I asked, taking a step back.

"Yes, I have a really bad back and I can't pick it up. Can you get it dear?"

I cleared my throat, "Yeah, sure."

I slowly bent down, hoping that none of the potatoes would fall.

But knowing my luck, one fell out of my coat pocket.

"THEIF!" he grabbed my wrists, "THEIF!"

"Let me go!" I snarled.

"Do you know what happens to-"

A tomato splatted on his face.

I looked to see that Felix guy throwing more veggies at him.

"Eve! Run!" He yelled.

The merchant stumbled back even more. I grabbed a sack and put as many items as I could in there.

I saw Felix take off and I ran after him. Many villagers were chasing after us.

He turned the corner and so did I. In seconds flat, it seemed like he disappeared.

Someone grabbed me from an ally way and held me against their body while covering my mouth.

I looked up and saw Felix silencing me. The villagers ran past the entrance and kept going. Once they were gone, we just stood breathing hard. We were staring into each others eyes, but then I snapped out of it and took a step back.

"Hey... um... thanks for saving me." I said quietly.

"It's no problem." he chuckled.

"But hey at least I got a lot of food for everyone."

"That was very brave of you to do... I'm sure they will appreciate that."

"Lets not tell Hook about this... ok?"

"Ok I won't."

"We should head back." I said, picking up the bag.

"Here, let me get that." he took it from my hand and flung it over his shoulder.

"Thanks." I smiled.

We talked all the way back. Is it bad that I'm attracted to him? I know that he is about 3 years older than me.. me being 16 and him being 19. But it doesn't really matter, I don't think he is attracted to me.

We got back to ship and he helped me unload everything in the kitchen.

"Wow, you got a lot." he said.

"Yeah I guess... I mean I feel bad for stealing but-"

He started to laugh quietly.

"What?!" I asked.