Chapter 3

Chapter 3

*Eve's POV*

I woke up really early in the morning, before my parents got up. I pulled the jar out from underneath my bed and placed it on my desk. The small fairy was asleep, so I started to tap gently on the glass. She moved a little and opened her eyes. One of her wings began to glow brighter. She looked right at me and her eyes got huge. She started yelling for help.

"SHHH! Please be quiet! I don't want to get in trouble." I whispered.

"I don't want to either!" She looked at me desperately.

"Wait, why would you get in trouble?" I looked down at her.

"I promised him that I would stay away from you!" She exclaimed.

"Who are you talking about?" I asked.

"I'm sorry, I can't say much." She sat down and leaned against the glass.

"Wow, I just can't believe I'm talking to an actual fairy! But, what can you tell me?" I raised an eyebrow like my father does.

"I can't tell you a lot, but I will give you some advice. Don't ever cross that boundary ever again. If you do, a whole lot of unnecessary chaos can possibly occur." The look in her eyes scared me.

"Oh, I won't go over there anymore." I said.

I saw her fidgeting with one of her wings.

"Ow....." she grunted.

"What's wrong? Are you hurt?" I asked.

"Yeah... All night I kept flying up toward the lid, trying to escape. I hit it really hard and I don't think I am capable of flying."

"I'm sorry, I never meant to hurt you. Is there anyway I can help?"

"I don't think so. All you can do is help me get back to that cave, so that the other fairies can heal me."

"How many more of you are there?" I asked, intrigued.

"A lot, probably dozens."

"How come I have never seen any fairies before?" I asked.

"We were ordered to stay away from this part of the island."

I was so confused. Why would they be banned from this area?

"Oh.... well, the next time I get to go exploring is next Saturday, so you have to sit tight for a week. Do you think you can manage?"

She nodded.

"Ok, I will go get you some breakfast."

I picked up the jar and placed her in the corner. I placed my waste basket a little bit in front of her, trying to hide her.

I walked out of the tent.

*Jackie's POV*

I woke up and found Peter looking into my eyes and stroking my hair.

"Good morning love." He said.

"Good morning darling. Why are you up so early?" I kissed his cheek.

"I don't know. I didn't sleep well last night. I just couldn't get comfortable." He replied.

"You should have woken me up, I would have kept you company honey." I chuckled.

"Nah, I didn't want to bother you." He smiled. His smile is so cute.

"Ok, well I want you to go back to bed, I am going to go do some laundry, but later I want to have a brunch date." I got out of the bed.

"That sounds perfect." He turned over and fell back asleep. Poor thing, he must have been exhausted.