Chapter 6

Chapter 6

*Hook’s POV*

I watched the lightning struck the post that Eve was on. I saw her fall and hit another sail. We all cringed at that. She then dropped to the floor.

“Eve!” I yelled. My crew was surrounding her.

“Move! Get out of my way. Give her some space!” I pushed past all of them. I picked her up and rushed her into my room. I placed her gently onto the bed.

“Eve! Eve… wake up! Please!”

I shook her body. I examined her. She was pale except from where her skin was burned. She also broke her leg from the fall.

I checked her pulse…. She was still alive.

I sat by her bedside for the rest of the night.

It has been a week and she still hasn’t woken up, but she still had a steady pulse. My crew has been taking really good care of her while I have been busy with other things.

I was out repairing parts of the ship… thank god that storm passed. I was about done when a pirate said, “Sir, she is waking up.”

I dropped what I was holding and ran to where she was resting. I went to the bedside and grabbed her hand.

“Has she said anything?” I asked.

“No, she hasn’t opened her eyes completely yet either sir.”

Her eyes were fluttering open and her grip on my hand tightened. She gasp for air and looked at me.

“Eve… are you ok?”

“Hey Hook, I- I told you I could do it.” She chuckled a little.

“Don’t scare me like that ever again kiddo.”

She tried to sit up. She cringed in pain.

“Be careful, you have a broken leg and you were burned pretty badly.” I said.

“At least I will have my first war scar.” She laughed at herself and then fell back asleep.

*Eve’s POV*

I woke up and found my leg in some kind of cast, which was keeping my leg straight. I guess we must have stopped somewhere to get a doctor. By my bed, there was a crutch that would help me walk. I grabbed it and made my way out of the bedroom. I saw Hook and crutched my way up to him.

“Hey you,” he said, “You should be resting in bed.”

“Nah…. I needed some fresh air.” I smiled.

“Are you feeling better?” He asked.

“Yes thank you. I feel much better.

"Well in honor of you for being a brave pirate, I think we should have a party”

“I like that idea.” I laughed.

Ok great! Later, can you go down under the deck and get some of the rum bottles please?"

"No problem Captain." I smiled.

"That's my girl." He ruffled my hair and walked away.

I felt special when he did things like that.

Later that night, I went to the center of the ship and pulled on the latch to open the door. I'm hoping this is where I was supposed to go.... I have never been below the deck before so I just assumed that was where he stores stuff.

I walked down the stairs and looked around. It was pretty dark. I could barely see anything. All I could make out is a lantern hanging from the ceiling and some matches underneath it on a barrel. I lit them and looked around. This looked like a storage area, but not for drinks. I saw a type of jail cell. I got a little closer ad saw someone sleeping in one of them. They were facing away from me and were wearing a hood that covered his/her face. I didn't want to wake them, especially since I didn't know who that was. I backed up slowly and ran into something, which landed with a thud. The person didn't wake up, but they moved a little. They readjusted their sleeping position and turned their head toward me. The hood fell off and revealed a boy about 16 years old. He looked really handsome, but then I snapped out of it and studied him a little more. He had blonde hair with some bead/feather clip in it and a long scar that was across his face..... It looked a little weird, but everyone has their flaws.

(hours later)

We were all at the party, dancing and having fun. We would all tell fun stories about our past, well not me because my parents never told me anything... hell, they didn't even tell me my own last name.

I saw Hook steering the ship, drinking, looking sad.

"What's wrong Hook?" I asked.

"Oh nothing lass, just thinking about someone I miss."

"Ooo..." I sat down and leaned against the side of the boat. "What's her name?"

"How did you know it was a girl?" He smirked.

"Because that's how my parents looked at each other." I smiled.

"Well you are a smart one, but yes, it is a girl. Her name is Emma."

"Is she pretty?"

"Yes, she is the most beautiful person I have ever seen. I just miss her so much."

There was a short silence…

"Is she dead?" I asked.

"No, but she is somewhere far away, and I have been looking for her for a long time now."

"Is that why you have been on the seas for so long?"

"Yep." He looked off into the dark waters.

“Well I hope that you find her soon, I really do.” I patted his shoulder.

“Thanks Eve.” He gave me a small smile.

"Hey captain, I noticed earlier that there is a boy beneath the deck. Who is he and why is he there?”

“Oh yes… him… Let’s just say he is my prisoner.”

“Why? What did he do?” I asked.

“Well… in other words… he was my enemy’s right hand man and he helped him create this curse which made me lose Emma.”

“Oh I am so sorry…” I said.

“So that is also another reason to why I am here on this boat. I will find Emma and get revenge on Pan.”

“Pan?”

“Yes, the boy who flies and never grows old.” He had a look of hate on his face.

Based on what he has told me, I am a little scared of this Pan guy…